2 weeks itinerary in Quebec
Do you want to visit Quebec in two weeks? Perfect, you are in the right place!
To help you plan your trip to Quebec, we have concocted a 2-week Quebec itinerary so you don’t miss any of the cities and tourist activities to do in this beautiful province.
Follow our day-to-day program to discover Quebec City, La Mauricie National Park, the Saguenay Fjord, Montreal and much more.
If you want to discover Western Canada in 2 weeks, I advise you to read my dedicated article: Itinerary 10 days in Canada.
For each step, you will find our selection of the best accommodations and all our advice and tips to discover as many things as possible during these 2 weeks of vacation in Quebec.
So, what to do and see in Quebec in 14, 15 or 16 days?
Day 1-2: Montreal
For your 2-week stay in Quebec, the best is to land in Montreal, it is the most practical and the most economical.
On the day of your arrival in Montreal, between the time to get to your accommodation, fatigue and jet lag, you won’t have much time or energy left! I therefore advise you to rest well before starting your tour in Quebec.
The next day, it’s off for a full day of sightseeing in Montreal. I suggest you start the morning by exploring Old Montreal and the Old Port.
In the historic district, be sure to visit the Notre-Dame de Montréal basilica, Bonsecours market, Quai de l’Horloge and Place Jacques-Cartier.
At the Old Port, you can also take a nice stroll along the St. Lawrence River. In summer the place is very popular with joggers and cyclists, and in winter you will find an ice rink and can try your hand at ice fishing.
At noon, I advise you to stop and eat at the Pointe à Callière museum restaurant, located opposite the Alexandra wharf.
For only $25, you can enjoy a full gourmet menu (starter + main course + dessert). It’s excellent and on top of that, the restaurant has a panoramic view of the entire Old Port.
This is one of my favorite places to eat in Montreal! Please note, by reservation only.
In the afternoon, go to Parc Mont-Royal, the must-see place of interest for a stay in Montreal.
Climb to the Belvédère du Mont-Royal to enjoy a panoramic view of the entire city. You can also walk along the trails and around Lac aux Castors.
You will surely have the opportunity to see the squirrels present everywhere in the park. In winter, do not hesitate to try your hand at ice skating or cross-country skiing. And for the softer version, take a toboggan run!
To end this day, go back down to the Plateau Mont-Royal with its typical houses and its many shops. In the evening, I recommend that you try the national dish, poutine! The best place to taste one on Mont-Royal is at La Banquise, the hardest part will be choosing among the variants!
The next day, to continue visiting Montreal, I suggest you take a little height by taking the panoramic elevator of the tower of the Olympic stadium. An exceptional view awaits you at the top.
You can then continue the morning at the Montreal Biodôme, a place where you will find the main ecosystems of the American continent. It is home to (among others) lynx, caimans, penguins and penguins.
In the vicinity of the Biodôme and the stadium, I also recommend that you take a tour of the Montreal Botanical Garden. You will find several thematic gardens there, including the Chinese or Japanese garden, which are really very beautiful. It is open in all seasons and free in winter.
And to end this second day in Montreal, head to Sainte-Catherine Street, a huge commercial artery with many boutiques and several shopping malls. The city’s famous underground network, keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer, criss-crosses the entire street below.
To easily visit Montreal in 2 days, I advise you to use the STM website. It calculates the fastest route in real time. The bus or metro stops as well as any problems on the lines are indicated, which is super practical. That way, you won’t waste time in transport!
Accommodation in Montreal
- M Montreal : Youth hostel located 5 minutes walk from the Berri Uquam metro station on Sainte Catherine Street, a busy shopping street with many bars and restaurants. Modern and comfortable dormitory bed from €16 per night, breakfast included. Possibility also to sleep in a double room. Most: very welcoming staff; very modern infrastructure and room worthy of a hotel; basement bar with live entertainment some nights. Ideal for a low budget stay
- Anne my sister Anne Hotel Studio : Located on Saint Denis Street in the heart of the very popular Plateau Mont Royal district. Room with basic furniture but bright and quiet from €72 per night, breakfast included. The plus: its excellent location.
- Petite Auberge Les Bons Matins : Charming inn located near the Lucien L’allier metro station. Warm and colorful room from €93 per night, breakfast included. The plus: excellent and hearty homemade breakfast. It is our favorite for its price/performance ratio!
- Old Port Lofts : Located in the Old Port district. Large modern loft with fitted kitchen and exposed brick walls from €180 per night. What we liked: the location, the space, the magnificent decor, the possibility of cooking, the super comfortable bed. There are also lofts with 2 bedrooms if you are a family. It is a big favorite in terms of the layout and the geographical location, I highly recommend it.
Day 3: Mont-Tremblant
The second leg of this 2-week Quebec itinerary takes you to Mont-Tremblant. Allow about 1h30 by car to reach Mont-Tremblant Park from Montreal.
This sector is famous in Canada, because in autumn, the landscape is transformed into a magnificent monochrome of warm colors. I was lucky to be there at that time and it’s really beautiful.
During this day in Mont-Tremblant, I advise you to take a hike, it’s the best way to admire the landscape. The rock and ledge trail is one of the most accessible.
If you are in Mont-Tremblant in the summer, you can also enjoy water activities on the lake or go summer sledding. And if it ‘s winter, Mont-Tremblant is a renowned ski resort, so you can indulge in this sport.
Accommodation in Mont-Tremblant
- Hostel HI Mont-Tremblant : Youth hostel located 5 minutes by car from the village of Mont-Tremblant and 10 minutes by bus. Bed in dormitory from €20 per night, breakfast at €5. The pluses: the good price/performance ratio, the nearby lake, the warm welcome, the pleasant setting.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Mont-Tremblant : Hotel ideally located to enjoy the nature of Mont-Tremblant, in the village of Saint-Jovite. Spacious and comfortable double room from €75 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the heated outdoor swimming pool, the calm of the location, the comfort of the rooms.
- Escale du Nord : The establishment is located 4km from the Mont-Tremblant casino in the heart of nature. Cozy double room from €100 per night, breakfast included. Most: the ideal setting, the very friendly staff, the many activities to do, the swimming pool.
- Le Grand Lodge Mont-Tremblant : Hotel located on the shores of Lac Ouimet. Comfortable and spacious double room from €100 per night, breakfast at €12. The pluses: the superb view of the lake, the location, the indoor swimming pool, the spa, the style of the hotel, all in wood and with fireplaces in the rooms.
- Hôtel Fairmont Tremblant : This luxury hotel is located at the foot of Mont-Tremblant, right next to the pedestrian village. Very comfortable double room from €300 per night, breakfast at €19. The pluses: all the services of a 5*, the location, the heated swimming pools, the quality of the service, the magnificent facilities.
Day 4-5: La Mauricie National Park
To visit Quebec well in 14, 15 or 16 days and not miss any experience of a stay in Canada, I then recommend that you spend the next 2 days in a national park.
The closest to Mont-Tremblant is La Mauricie National Park. It will take you about 3 hours to reach it, so count on a morning.
In the afternoon you can relax in the sumptuous natural landscapes offered by the park and enjoy lots of activities. In summer, why not opt for a canoe trip on one of the lakes or a hike? And in winter, I advise you to try your hand at snowmobiling or dog sledding, activities typical of a circuit in Canada.
The next day, for your second day in La Mauricie National Park, I recommend that you take the excursion to Waber Falls. It’s quite strenuous with 8km of canoeing there and back and 8km of walking there and back, but it can be done very well in one day. Waber Falls is the perfect place for a wilderness picnic.
Accommodation in La Mauricie National Park
For camping enthusiasts, the park offers large tents fitted out both in winter (wood stove) and in summer. Common premises are available for preparing food and washing. You can find more information on this site.
And for those who prefer a little more comfort, here are the best accommodations near the park.
- Gîte aux Traditions : Located in the main street of St-Jean des Piles, just 5km from the park. Double room from €60 per night, breakfast included. Most: the location, lovely hosts, hearty and excellent homemade breakfast, advice for activities to do in the park.
- The Nordik des Piles cabins : Located in St-Jean des Piles, in the middle of the forest. Wooden chalet from €85, breakfast included. Most: the location in the middle of nature, calm, friendly hosts.
- The chalet on the lake : Located in Saint Mathieu du Parc, 10km from the national park. This large chalet is right on the edge of a lake. It can accommodate up to 7 people and is fully equipped. You can rent it for 2 people from 140€ and for 4 from 170€. I recommend it especially if you are traveling with children or with a group of friends. Most: the view and the location, the comfort, the terrace and the barbecue, the calm. There’s only one, so book it now!
- Hôtel le Petit Manoir : Located in Grandes Piles, 10 minutes by car from La Mauricie National Park. Family suite (for 4 people) comfortable and warm from €180 per night, breakfast at €7. Most: the ideal location, the great welcome, the excellent breakfast, the relaxing place, the view. If you have the budget, go for it!
Day 6: Lac St-Jean
The 4th step of this 2-week itinerary in Quebec takes you to Lac St-Jean.
Located about 3h45 by road from La Mauricie Park, the trip will take you in the morning. However, you will be able to enjoy very beautiful landscapes all along the road.
For your afternoon program, several choices are possible depending on your interests and what you like to do on vacation.
One of the must-see attractions in the Lac St-Jean region is the famous St-Félicien Zoo. Most of the animals are there in “freedom” and it is you who will be in a cage, the visit being made in a small mesh train. You will be able to observe the animals of Quebec and Canada such as bison, moose, bears and wolves. If you’re doing this two-week road trip with kids, this tour should make them happy.
To visit the St-Félicien zoo, information is here.
If you are more of a museum person, I strongly recommend a visit to the Amerindian Museum located in Mashteuiatsh, on the shores of the lake. You will learn more about the indigenous nations native to this region of Quebec.
All information can be found on the official website of the museum.
You can also go to the historic village of Val-Jalbert. You will discover an authentic village from the 1920s with around forty historic buildings and costumed characters to bring history to life.
Find prices and opening times on the official website.
Accommodation at Lac St-jean
- Auberge de jeunesse du Lac St-Jean : Located on the shores of the lake, a 12-minute walk from the beach. Bed in dormitory from 20€ per night. Most: quiet location, very pleasant and clean common area, comfortable bed.
- Maison Zacharie : Establishment located in Desbiens, by the lake. Large comfortable double room from €55 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: family welcome, very pretty area, good breakfast, quiet and comfortable establishment.
- Motel L’Avantage : Located by the lake, about 8 km from the historic village of Val-Jalbert. Basic but clean double room from 65€ per night, breakfast included. The pluses: access to a private beach, the superb view of the lake, a very friendly welcome.
- Chalets and Spa Lac St-Jean : 6 minutes by car from the historic village and 40 minutes from the zoo. Cozy fully equipped loft with kitchenette and terrace from €100 per night. Most: beautiful view, large apartment, direct access to the beach, geographical location. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio.
- Hôtel historique de Val-Jalbert : Located in Chambord in a completely renovated building from the 1920s. Modern, comfortable and warm double room from €200 per night, breakfast included and you can even enjoy dinner for that price! Access to the historic village is also included. Most: the atmosphere, the activities offered, the welcoming staff, the excellent restaurant, the decor of the rooms. The best choice for a high-end trip to Quebec.
Day 7-8: Saguenay Fjord
Today, to continue this two-week Quebec itinerary, I suggest you hit the road again to go to the Saguenay Fjord. Allow about 2 hours by road from Lac St-Jean.
The Fjord offers magnificent landscapes, you will be amazed.
In terms of the program of things to do in the Saguenay Fjord, I recommend:
- To visit the charming village of Anse St-Jean, ranked among the most beautiful villages in Quebec. It is the only village in the south of the Fjord to be located on the edge and it allows you to admire a magnificent panorama.
- On the same principle, you can also go to the village of Sainte-Rose-Du-Nord. Nestled in a small valley, surrounded by mountains, the panorama here is also spectacular.
- Take a hike in the Parc du Fjord du Saguenay. The most famous is that of the Sentier de la Statue (7 km round trip). At the top, the view is really beautiful.
- Take a boat cruise on the Fjord to discover it from below and learn more about its history.
- And for the more athletic, I recommend going on a sea kayaking trip. If you’re lucky, you can take the opportunity to observe whales and belugas.
You can of course spread these activities over your 2 days of visiting the Fjord.
Accommodation in the Saguenay Fjord
- Escale au presbytère B&B : The establishment is located in Petit-Saguenay, very close to the Fjord. Pleasant and spacious double room from €60 per night, breakfast included. Most: the setting and the calm, the delicious breakfast, the comfortable bedding, the impeccable cleanliness. It is our favorite for its price / performance ratio, I really recommend that you stay there for 2 nights.
- Chalets sur le Fjord: Located at Anse St-Jean, ranked among the most beautiful villages in Quebec. Apartment or studio with kitchenette from €80 per night. The pluses: the magnificent setting with a view of the Fjord, the comfortable and modern apartments, the jacuzzi.
- Lodge des Bois : Located in St-Félix-d’Otis, by the lake. Chalet in the middle of the forest with private access to the lake. The Lodge is fully equipped, the decoration is modern and it has a terrace and a barbecue. The place is very quiet and the view magnificent. From €100 per night + €30 cleaning fee (if there are several of you, the bill drops quickly). I really recommend it for a stay in the heart of Canada! Do not hesitate long, there is only one!
- Le 30 de Vébron : Apartment located in the pretty village of Anse St-Jean. This 250m² apartment can accommodate up to 7 people for €160 per night. It is well equipped, very beautiful, and located in a pleasant setting. It is ideal if you are traveling with family or for a group of friends.
Day 9: Tadoussac
For this sixth step, you will live one of the emblematic experiences of your 2-week trip to Quebec! You have indeed an appointment with the whales!
For that you will have to reach Tadoussac, about 2 hours drive from Saguenay.
Tadoussac, in addition to being ranked among the 50 most beautiful bays in the world, is a privileged spot for whale watching. To see them, you will have the choice between several kinds of cruises, more or less long and several kinds of boat (big boat, zodiac or kayak).
Accommodation in Tadoussac
- Motel de l’Anse à l’Eau : Located in Tadoussac. Double room from €55 per night. Most: the situation, the friendliness of the staff, the free parking, the cleanliness. It is an excellent performance / price ratio.
- Hôtel le Beluga : Located in Tadoussac. Spacious and bright double room from €80 per night, breakfast included. The advantages: the geographical location, the friendliness of the staff, the comfort of the rooms, the hearty and delicious breakfast.
- Auberge la Tanière : Located 8km from Tadoussac, on the shores of Lac Boulanger. Comfortable and cozy double room from €90 per night, breakfast included. Most: the superb view, the calm, the geographical location, the great welcome. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio!
- Hôtel Tadoussac : The hotel overlooks Tadoussac Bay and the Saguenay Fjord. Double room from €115 per night, breakfast included. Most: being able to observe the whales while having your breakfast, the sumptuous setting, the location, the outdoor swimming pool.
Day 10-11: Charlevoix
Between Tadoussac and Quebec is the beautiful region of Charlevoix. I therefore advise you to stop there during a 2-day step. From Tadoussac, you will take about 2h15 to reach it.
Route 138, connecting Tadoussac to Quebec, and passing through Charlevoix is a very beautiful panoramic road, you will not get tired of the journey! On the other hand, from La Malbaie, I advise you to leave the 138 to take the 362 to Baie St-Paul, the route du Fleuve being part of the top 10 of the most beautiful panoramic roads in Canada.
To see and do during your stay in Charlevoix:
- Walk in the park of the high gorges of the Malbaie river. Thanks to the Malbaie River and the surrounding mountains, the landscape is absolutely magnificent.
- You can also take a cruise on this same river.
- Visit the very picturesque town of Baie-St-Paul and its many art galleries
- Drive around Isle-aux-Coudres, a tiny rural and very quiet island
- Go black bear watching with a guide
Accommodation in Charlevoix
- At the gates of the sun : Motel located in Baie-Saint-Paul. Spacious double room from €60 per night. No possibility to have breakfast, the establishment does not serve meals. Most: the location, impeccable cleanliness, very friendly staff. It is a very good price/performance ratio.
- Hôtel au petit berger : Located in La Malbaie, facing the St. Lawrence River. Bright and spacious double room from €70 per night, breakfast included. Most: the tranquility of the place, the comfortable beds, the welcoming staff, the good breakfast. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio!
- The Hortensia manor : Located in Saint-Irénée. Comfortable double room from €100 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the superb view of the St-Laurent from the terrace, the advice of the hosts, the excellent breakfast with local products.
- Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu Hotel: This 5* hotel is located in La Malbaie. Spacious, comfortable and warm double room from €190 per night, breakfast at €18. The pluses: all the services of a luxury hotel, the spa, the heated swimming pools, the attentive staff, the geographical location, the architecture of the hotel. If you want to treat yourself during your stay in Charlevoix, this hotel is the best choice!
Day 12-13: Quebec
You cannot visit Quebec in 2 weeks without going through Quebec City itself! So that’s what I suggest to you to continue your circuit in Quebec.
From Charlevoix, count barely an hour to reach Quebec City.
To visit Quebec City in 2 days and not miss any of the city’s must-see places of interest, follow the guide!
When you arrive, start your discovery with a walk along the Dufferin Terrace. From there you can admire the emblematic building of Quebec, the Château Frontenac. It is one of the most photographed hotels in the world, so don’t deviate from the rule! You may even be able to admire it from the inside if you have chosen to spend a night there.
The walk also offers a very beautiful view of the St. Lawrence River and Île d’Orléans.
Then, take a tour of the Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica, classified as a “historic monument of Canada” for its remarkable architecture.
Then, take the funicular to get to the Petit-Champlain district, the most charming district of Quebec with its many small shops and cobbled streets. In the neighborhood, don’t miss the Place Royale and the fresco of Quebecers.
At the end of the day, just before sunset, take the Québec-Lévis ferry and return to enjoy the splendid view of all of Québec from the river. An essential activity to do in Quebec.
The next day, start the day by exploring the Citadel of Quebec and the Plains of Abraham, located nearby. You can then visit the parliament building and then go up to the capital’s observatory to admire Quebec from above.
The afternoon will be devoted to the famous Montmorency Falls, higher than those of Niagara! The site is particularly impressive and I even think I prefer it in winter when part of the falls is frozen.
If, in addition to this program, you want to see other places in Quebec, see our article dedicated to the city: Visit Quebec, Top 15 things to do.
Accommodation in Quebec
- Hôtel Terrasse Dufferin : Located a stone’s throw from the Château Frontenac. Double room with a slightly old-fashioned but warm decor from €50 per night, breakfast at €3. Most: the excellent geographical location, the view of the river, the warm welcome.
- Hotel Château Bellevue : Located 2 minutes walk from the Dufferin terrace. Double room with super comfortable bedding from €79 per night, breakfast at €6. Most: the central location for visiting on foot, the comfortable bed, the good breakfast, the welcome of the staff. It is our favorite for its price/performance ratio!
- Auberge Saint-Antoine : Located on the banks of the Saint-Lawrence River in the Old Port district. Simple and elegant double room with underfloor heating in the bathroom from €152 per night, breakfast at €17. We loved: all the comfort of a luxury hotel, the decoration of the hotel, the impeccable service. Exceptional, and the price remains reasonable for a hotel of this quality.
- Château Frontenac : Why not spend a night in the most photographed hotel in the world? A unique experience and the opportunity to enjoy all the services and comfort of a luxury hotel: spa, swimming pool, gourmet restaurants. A good way to treat yourself during your trip to Quebec, it’s not every day that you can sleep at the Château Frontenac!
Day 14: return to Montreal
That’s it, you’ve almost finished visiting Quebec in 2 weeks, you’ll have to think about returning to Montreal.
The trip to reach Montreal from Quebec takes about 3 hours. You will therefore have half a day left to finish visiting Montreal and see what you did not have time to discover during the first 2 days of your itinerary in Quebec.
I advise you to go for a walk to the Atwater market. If you haven’t stocked up on maple syrup and local produce to take home yet, this is the place to be. On top of that, the market is located right next to the Lachine Canal, so you can take the opportunity to take a short walk.
You can also choose to devote your afternoon to exploring Parc Jean-Drapeau. It allows you to admire Montreal from the opposite bank of the river. A very pleasant path allows you to go around it.
End the day with a trip to Montreal’s Chinatown. Take the opportunity to buy some small souvenirs (they will be cheaper than anywhere else) and try one of the very good restaurants in the area.
And you? When are you going to visit Quebec in two weeks?
Are you going on a trip to Canada? Also to read
Discover all our articles about Canada: All articles about Canada are listed here!
- 5 steps to prepare your trip to Canada : The complete guide to prepare everything from A to Z!
- What to do in Canada? The 20 things to discover absolutely during your trip!
- What to do in Quebec? My 15 favorite things to discover in the French-speaking province!
- Itinerary: A week in Canada: All the steps to visit Canada in 1 week!
- Itinerary: 10 days in Canada: All our advice for organizing your 10-day trip to Canada!
- Itinerary: A week in Quebec : How to visit Quebec in 1 week, with all our advice!
- Itinerary: 2 days in Quebec: All the steps to organize your 2-day stay in Quebec!
- Calgary: The Top 10 Things to Do When You Visit
Great info. Lucky me I came across your blog by accident (stumbleupon).
I’ve book marked it for later!