10 days in Mallorca: the ultimate itinerary
To help you organize your stay, I have prepared a 9, 10 or 11-day Mallorca itinerary for you to discover the must- see places of interest on this island located in the Balearic Islands, in Spain.
I have concocted a complete and varied program for you with the visit of Palma de Mallorca, the Serra de Tramontana but also Alcudia and Cap de Formentor.
And since a 10-day trip to Mallorca would not be complete without spending time on the most beautiful beaches and coves, don’t forget your swimsuit to sunbathe on Cala del Moro, Es Trenc beach or Cala d ‘Gold.
Along this itinerary, I also share with you all my advice and my selection of the best hotels to sleep in the South and North of Majorca.
So what to do and see in Mallorca within 10 days?
Palma de Mallorca and surroundings (6 days)
Day 1: Arrival and visit to Palma
To visit Mallorca in 10 days, you will arrive in Palma de Mallorca, the capital of the island, located to the south. You can get there by plane or ferry. I explain how at the very end of the article, in the section “Leaving for Mallorca.
For this first day of your holiday in Mallorca, I advise you to follow the following walking route to visit the historic center of Palma:
1) Discovery of the covered market of Olivar where you will find stalls offering local Majorcan products such as sobrassada, charcuterie and many types of cheese.
2) Go through the shopping street of Carrer Sant Miquel to reach Plaça Mayor before continuing on Carrer del Colom which will take you to Plaça Cort, where the Palma Town Hall is located.
3) Go see the square of Santa Eulalia and its church.
4) Visit the Cathedral of Palma de Mallorca, which you cannot miss since it is one of the greatest religious monuments in all of Spain. In addition to its superb facades, the interior also houses the largest Gothic rose window in the world.
5) Continue by the Royal Palace of Almudaina, the 2nd must-see monument in Palma and which is located just opposite the cathedral.
6) Then go to the best photo spot in Palma: the Parc de la Mar. Located just below the cathedral and the palace, this is where you can take the photo you see on the postcards of the city .
However, beware of pickpockets who are very present in this area!
7) The other places to see in Palma de Mallorca according to your interests:
- The Majorca Museum
- Arab baths
- The Monti-Sion church
- The Basilica of Saint Francis.
You will find that Palma is really the picturesque city to visit in Mallorca in 10 days.
If you feel like it, you can also do some shopping in the many shops in the old town.
To end the day in style, I recommend that you go for a boat trip. This will give you the opportunity to admire your first sunset on the island aboard a superb catamaran.
And that’s not all, the program includes a swim stop, a buffet dinner and music with an onboard DJ.
Spend the night in Palma.
If you fancy incorporating a guided tour of Palma into your program (on the first day or later), I recommend (click on the link in orange to book):
- Walking tour of the old town + guided tour of the cathedral – French speaking official guide – Duration: 90 minutes
- Private Guided Tour of Palma Old Town
- Private Guided Night Tour
- 1 hour guided Segway tour (French guide) or 2 hour guided Segway tour
- Bike tour of the old town with a guide, in a small group – Duration: 3 hours
Accommodation in Palma de Mallorca
Here is my selection of the best accommodations to sleep in Palma de Mallorca according to your budget.
Do not hesitate to click on the name in orange of any hotel to access information and make your reservation.
And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to ask me for advice in the comments by telling me your dates of stay and your criteria. I will help you find the perfect hotel!
- The Boc Hostels – City Albergue Juvenil: Hostel located 400 meters from the historic center of Palma and C’an Pere Antoni beach. Bed in dormitory from 40€ per night. Most: the swimming pool on the roof, the cleanliness, the kitchen area. An excellent choice for cheap accommodation in Palma de Mallorca.
- Nou Baleares: located 10 minutes walk from Plaça Major. Tastefully decorated double room from €110, breakfast included. Most: the location in the city center, the comfort of the beds, rooftop with swimming pool. It is our favorite for its price/performance ratio in Palma!
- Isla Mallorca & Spa: located in the Bay of Palma. Spacious double room with balcony from €150, breakfast included. Most: spa and wellness center, pleasant pool area, varied breakfast
- Hotel Saratoga: located next to the Es Baluard museum. Modern and spacious double room from €180 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the swimming pool on the roof and its view of the cathedral, the perfect location for visiting Palma de Mallorca on foot, the generous breakfast buffet.
- Protur Naisa Palma Hotel: located 5 minutes walk from the old town. Beautiful contemporary and chic room from 220€, breakfast included. Most: the equipment (rooftop, swimming pool, spa), the design, the excellent breakfast.
In the category of the most beautiful 5* hotels in Palma de Mallorca, I recommend:
- Hotel Victoria Gran Meliá : located just opposite the Port of Palma. Double room from €270, breakfast at €29. Most: the geographical location, the view of the sea, the friendliness of the staff.
- Nixe Palace: located right next to the beach of Cala Major, this 5* hotel offers welcoming double rooms with balcony and sea view from €300 per night, breakfast at €24. The pluses: the setting with the breathtaking view of the sea, the good breakfast, the direct access to the beach. This is our recommendation for an upscale stay in Palma!
- Hotel Antigua Palma – Casa Noble: This superb luxury hotel is located in the heart of the old town, just 100 meters from the cathedral. You will stay in sumptuous, elegantly decorated rooms, from €450 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the Spa with hammam and indoor swimming pool, the calm, the caring staff, the rooftop. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Palma!
Day 2: The most beautiful beaches in the south of Mallorca
For the second day of your 10-day Mallorca road trip, you will discover some of the most beautiful beaches in Mallorca.
The program is simple: relaxation, sunbathing on the fine sand and swimming in turquoise water! I suggest several beaches and coves which are all in the same area, in the south of the island. It’s up to you to see if you want to do several on the day or just one.
We start with the beaches of Cap de ses Salines which you can reach by car, 1 hour from Palma. Go to the Ses Salines lighthouse, where you can park your vehicle along the road and then continue on foot along the path, to the right of the lighthouse.
Along the seaside, you will arrive on the long, very wild and untouristy sandy beach of El Caragol in 20 minutes. And if you are looking for an even quieter place, continuing 20 minutes more, the pretty Cala en Tugores awaits you.
Plan everything for the day (water + picnic) because there is no bar/restaurant or toilet.
If you prefer less wild and slightly busier beaches, easily accessible without walking too much, you can go to Colonia de Sant Jordi. This small seaside town located between Palma and Ses Salines is home to Les Trenc beach, which features in all the guides.
With its turquoise water, bordered by the pine forest, it is indeed one of the most beautiful beaches to go to in Mallorca in 10 days!
In Colonia de Sant Jordi, you can also relax on the pretty beaches of: Des Dolç, Can Curt, Es Carbo and Ses Roquetes.
At the end of the afternoon, on the way back to Palma, you can stop for a drink in the village of Llucmajor. You will find bars/restaurants on the Spanish Steps and in the pedestrian zone all around.
Return to spend a second night in Palma.
Access to Ses Salines can only be done by car. On the other hand, you can go to Es Trenc beach from Palma with a shuttle (runs only during the tourist season). You can book it by clicking here!
Day 3: Sineu market / Famous caves / Beaches and coves
The next day, to continue this 10-day itinerary in Mallorca, I suggest you go and discover the most important market on the island. It is held every Wednesday morning*, in Sineu, a village which is a 40-minute drive from Palma.
*Of course, if this third day does not fall on a Wednesday, you can reverse with any of the other days.
The stalls, which are mainly located around the main square, offer clothes, bags, jewellery, local handicrafts and fruit and vegetables, for those located near the church.
After your tour of the Sineu market, head for 2 other very famous sites to do in Mallorca in 10 days: the Caves dels Hams and the Caves of Drach.
These are the 2 most famous caves in Majorca and they are both located in the municipality of Porto Cristo, 40 minutes from Sineu. There is no point in visiting both because they are very similar. So, I let you choose which one you prefer!
In any case, the visit includes rooms filled with stalactites and stalagmites and a passage through a large underground lake where you will attend a small concert by musicians on the water.
To visit the Coves del Drach, you can click here .
For the afternoon, you have 2 options:
- For lovers of walking in quiet corners + swimming stop, I recommend the 4 creeks hike.
The trail starts a 15-minute drive from Porto Cristo, at Finca Can Roig. As its name suggests, the promenade leads to 4 coves, which are, in order: Cala Bota, Cala Virgili, Cala Pilota and Cala Magraner.
I was not necessarily thrilled by Cala Bota which I found very ordinary and which I therefore recommend that you zap to go directly to Cala Virgili. It is in my eyes, the prettiest.
From Cala Virgili, it is possible to take the main path again or to cut by the rocks (which I did), at the edge of the coast, to go to see Cala Pilota. From there, we join the main path to get to Cala Magraner, the largest of the coves.
This walk is to be done if you like wild and isolated environments but still don’t expect to see great creeks. But the setting is pleasant with its cliffs and crystal clear water.
- The second option, for those who prefer equipped beaches and who would like to relax by renting deckchairs and parasols, is to go to Cala d’Or.
30 minutes from Porto Cristo, this seaside resort has very pretty little sandy beaches with turquoise water, all located in sorts of fjords. Among my favorites are: Cala Esmeralda, Cala Gran, Cala Petita and Calo d’es Pou.
You will also find souvenir shops and restaurants there, if you wish to dine there before heading to Palma for a good night’s rest.
On the road between Sineu and Porto Cristo, tennis fans can stop at Manacor where the Rafa Nadal Museum Experience is located. As its name suggests, it is dedicated to the world tennis star who was born in this village.
Tickets for the museum are on sale by clicking directly here!
Day 4: The South-East of Majorca and its coves
Today, I invite you to discover some of the most beautiful coves where you can swim during this 9-10 day trip to Mallorca.
Direction the South-East of the island where a superb cove with turquoise water and lined with rocks awaits you , I named the famous Calo del Moro. You will certainly have been able to see it in the form of postcards in all the souvenir shops!
If you don’t feel like swimming there, I don’t know what you should because the setting is really beautiful. On the other hand, you will have to put your towel on the rocks because there is not really a part with sand.
And since you are in Calo del Moro, I also advise you to take the micro walk that goes to Cala S’Almunia and its small fishermen’s houses.
In the list of known coves in the area, you also have:
- La Cala Llombards: a more family-friendly beach with shallow water
- La Cala Santanyi, which I found very nice since it is surrounded by rock walls and you have the possibility of walking on the left.
At lunchtime, I advise you to go to Cala Figueras. This small fishing port is home to several restaurants whose terrace offers a beautiful sea view.
For the afternoon, we continue with the most beautiful coves to see in 10 days in Mallorca. And that’s good, because there are 3 of them that are all in the same place: the Mondrago natural park.
From Cala Figuera, it only takes about fifteen minutes by car to reach the car park (paying at €6 per day) of the park.
Then follow the winding path through the pine forest for 10 minutes and you will come to a splendid sandy beach with crystal clear water: S’Aramador.
I advise you to resist the urge to put down your towel directly and jump into the water in order to first see the 2 other coves of Mondrago:
- La Cala Mondrago, where you will find the superb color of the turquoise water! Count only 5 minutes on foot from S’Aramador
- La Calo des Borgit: to reach this tiny cove, take the shaded path that runs along the seaside for 15 minutes from Mondrago.
All you have to do is choose where to spend the rest of the day in peace.
Spend another night in your hotel in Palma de Mallorca.
Day 5: The South West of Majorca
Today’s program for this 10-day tour in Mallorca will be devoted to discovering the unmissable places of interest located to the southwest of Palma.
For this , go to Sant Elm, 50 minutes by car from Palma, where you can take a boat that will take you to the island of Sa Dragonera. The crossing only takes 20 minutes and there are about every 30 minutes.
However, you should know that access to the island, which is a natural park, is limited to a certain number of people per day. I therefore advise you to book in advance or to go there early in the morning.
Once landed on Sa Dragonera, you can enjoy magnificent panoramas by taking the 4 hiking trails allowing you to explore the island on foot. The walking time varies from 30 minutes to 3 hours round trip.
During your walk, you will quickly notice that the island is home to hundreds of lizards that are not very shy and will not hesitate to slip into your backpack. This is to be taken into account if you are not necessarily very comfortable with these small reptiles.
Spend as much time as you want on Sa Dragonera before getting back on the boat.
For the rest of the day, you can drive along the coast through Magaluf, where there is a large sandy beach full of shops, and Portals Nous, a port with many yachts as well as upscale restaurants and shops. .
Art lovers can visit the Pilar and Joan Miro Foundation which is located in the former home of the famous painter and sculptor, in Cala Major. Tickets are on sale by clicking here!
I advise you to end the day by visiting Bellver Castle, which is located on the heights of Palma de Mallorca. Due to its circular shape, its architecture is truly original.
The interior also includes a museum on the history of Palma, which I found interesting.
Return to Palma for the night.
6th day: Activities of your choice
For this last day in the surroundings of Palma, you have several options to choose from.
If you are planning this 10-day stay in Mallorca with children (or even without!), you can, for example, visit the Palma aquarium (skip the line tickets on sale here) or spend the day in the largest water park in Mallorca: the Aqualand El Arenal.
There is also another activity that I loved doing and that I really recommend: the quad excursion. I have done quad biking several times but this outing is great because you mainly take small dirt roads off-road.
The tour, which lasts about 3 hours is great and so is the guide.
Visit the North of Mallorca (3 days)
For the second stage of this recommended 10-day itinerary in Mallorca, I suggest you reach the north of the island and more precisely Alcudia, where you will spend the next nights.
Day 7: The Serra de Tramontana
To go from Palma to Alcudia, I advise you to take the road that runs through the Serra de Tramontana, a mountainous region listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You will notably pass through authentic villages with very beautiful traditional stone houses. Among the most famous where to go in Mallorca in 10 days, I recommend that you stop at: Valldemossa, Deià, Soller and Fornalutx.
You can stroll through the cobbled streets lined with shops and cafes.
From Fornalutx, then join Sa Calobra where you can discover a rather unusual place: the Torrent de Pareis. This steep valley at the bottom of a canyon and which has a small pebble beach is only accessible on foot through 2 tunnels dug into the mountain.
Even if you don’t feel like swimming, I recommend you go see it because it’s worth the detour.
After Sa Calobra, the road to the Serra de Tramontana also passes through the monastery of Lluc which you can visit for 5€.
Finally, just before arriving in Alcudia, you will pass through the very pretty village of Pollença. Do not hesitate to stop and stroll through the historic center and climb the steps leading to the small chapel to enjoy a beautiful view of the church and the village.
Spend a first night in Alcudia.
- Bring change because all the car parks in the villages + Sa Calobra are chargeable and most only accept coins.
- The road that crosses the entire Serra de Tramontana is narrow, winding and very busy, both by cars and by many cyclists. So you have to be very careful and drive very carefully. If you are car sick, I also advise you to anticipate because there are turns!
Accommodation near Alcudia
- Hotel Ivory Playa Sports & Spa: Located 50 meters from the beach in the bay of Alcudia. Clean and well-appointed apartment with balcony overlooking the sea from 75€. Most: the proximity to the beach, the swimming pool, the Spa, the friendliness of the staff, spacious room.
- Ona Garden Lago: located in Alcudia, 1 km from the beach. Large modern apartment, well equipped (with washing machine!), spacious and with a beautiful terrace with deckchair and table, from 85€ per night, breakfast included. Most: the calm, the beautiful pool area, the good breakfast, the comfort. It is our favorite for its price/performance ratio in Alcudia!
- Grupotel Maritimo: Located 150 meters from the beach. Modern and comfortable double room with balcony from €110 per night, breakfast included (a formula with dinner is also available). The pluses: the indoor and outdoor swimming pools, the Spa, the entertainment, the varied breakfast buffet, the comfort of the beds.
- Hotel Astoria Playa Adults Only 4* Sup: Located 150 meters from the beach. Double room with refined decoration with balcony and for some spa baths, from 140€ per night, breakfast and dinner included! Most: the swimming pools, the quality of the meals, the friendliness of the staff.
- Forum Boutique Hotel & Spa – Adults Only: Small charming hotel located in the heart of the old town of Alcudia. Warm and cozy double room from €200, breakfast included. The pluses: the Spa with jacuzzi, sauna and hammam, the fabulous breakfast, the tranquillity, the excellent welcome. This is our recommendation for an upscale stay in Alcudia!
Day 8: Tour of Cap de Formentor + Alcudia
Leaving Mallorca for 10 days without going to see Cap de Formentor would be a shame! So that’s what I suggest you do on this eighth day of your vacation.
From Alcudia, it takes about 20 minutes to reach the only road that runs through the entire peninsula. It will allow you to admire the many (and dizzying!) viewpoints over the sheer cliffs and the sea below.
Here are the stops to make at Cap de Formentor (in order on the road):
- The Es Colomer viewpoint, the most famous belvedere and which allows you to contemplate an incredible view on both sides of the Cape.
- La Talaia d’Albercutx which must be reached on foot. This former watchtower also offers a superb panorama of Formentor
- Formentor beach where you can take a swimming break
- The cove of Cala Figuera, if you are looking for a quieter place to swim. As it is only accessible on foot, there are immediately fewer people.
- The Formentor* lighthouse, the last place to see because it is at the very end of the road.
* Attention, if you have decided to do this 10-day road trip in Mallorca in summer, between June 15 and September 15, you are not allowed to access the lighthouse by car.
The road is in theory closed from Formentor beach. I say “in theory” because in fact nothing prevents you from passing, but you will then have the unpleasant surprise of receiving a fine of 80€ a few weeks later…
To avoid this, you have to leave your car in the paying car park on the beach and take the buses that shuttle between the 2. It is also possible to go on foot or by bike.
Finish your tour of Cape Town and return to Alcudia, where I advise you to take a stroll through the old town. Surrounded by the ramparts, this part of the city is really pleasant to walk around.
And as usual, the historic center is full of restaurants and small shops.
For a relaxed end to the day, head to Muro beach, which you will have no trouble finding since it runs along the entire bay for miles. It’s one of the longest beaches you’ll see on this 10-day self-drive tour of Mallorca.
Spend a second night in Alcudia.
You should know that the road to Formentor is narrow and very busy (cars + cyclists). The few parking spaces are quickly taken and people then start to park on the side of the road, which makes crossings almost impossible.
An accident happened quickly (we witnessed it during our visit). If you are not comfortable going with your rental car, you can choose an excursion departing from Alcudia. You can take the panoramic bus which goes around the Cape.
He will then leave you at Formentor beach for 1 hour and a boat will pick you up for a short cruise at the foot of the Cape.
Day 9: Peninsula de Llevant + The most beautiful beaches in the East
This morning, to continue this 9-10 day itinerary in Majorca, I suggest you discover the North-East of the island.
First head to the Peninsula de Llevant Natural Park, located 40 km from Alcudia. Between sea and mountains, the park is one of the most beautiful places to hike during this 10-day trip to Mallorca.
There are 13 hiking trails, lasting from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours, which you can combine to make a longer walk.
The map is displayed on a panel at the car park but it is also available in the information center, also located next to the car park and open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
And because the penultimate day of this 10-day Mallorca vacation wouldn’t be complete without a last afternoon spent at the beach, here is my list of the most beautiful coves located on the North-East coast.
For a beautiful, large sandy beach bordered by dunes and pine forests, I recommend Cala Mesquida.
If you prefer coves, and don’t mind walking a little bit, on the left of Cala Mesquida, you can take the path leading to 4 coves:
- Cala Torta in 25 minutes on foot
- La Cala Mitjana: + 15 min from Torta
- La Cala Estreta: + 5 min from Midjana
- La Cala Es Matzoc: + 25 min from Estreta
The first 2 are real sandy beaches, the other 2 are only rocks.
South of Cala Mesquida, you can also reach 2 other beaches by car:
- La Cala Gat: a superb little cove with turquoise water located in the seaside resort of Cala Ratjada, not far from the Capdepera lighthouse (which you can take advantage of to go and see – accessible by car).
- La Cala Agulla, a very pretty sandy beach surrounded by pine forests.
Spend one last night in Alcudia.
Day 10: Return to Palma
Here you are on the last day of the 10-day Mallorca driving tour.
It’s time to reach Palma airport, 50 minutes from Alcudia, to catch your return flight.
Depending on the time of your plane, you can plan a last swim on S’Arenal beach, for example, which is the closest to the airport.
For a 9-day stay in Mallorca, you can remove the day of your choice.
For an 11-day self-drive in Mallorca, plan an extra beach day or an activity in the list I made for you just below!
Other activities to do for 10 days in Mallorca
If you want to add other activities to do during your 10-day trip to Mallorca, I have selected some really nice ones for you.
Do not hesitate to click on the links to access the details and make your reservations:
1) Best activities for the southern half of Mallorca (Palma and surroundings)
- Off-Road Quad Tour – This is my favorite activity on this list! The course is really great since you take dirt trails and the guide is at the top!
- Buggy outing with a French-speaking instructor.
- Sports car excursion 2h30 in the afternoon or 4h30 in the morning – French guide.
In Majorca, you can also opt for a wonderful activity: a hot air balloon flight!! I put the link in the button below to book (it’s mandatory):
Book my hot air balloon flight now!
- Sailboat cruise + barbecue included
- Boat trip around sea caves and cliffs + 2 stops to swim in secluded coves
- Boat trip in the Bay of Palma + swimming stop in turquoise water
- 1-hour boat trip around Palma Marina to admire views of the Cathedral and Bellver Castle
- Speedboat excursion – Sensations guaranteed!
- Morning or afternoon boat party
- 2.5 hour boat party at sunset
- Boat party at night with departure from Palma at 10 p.m.
- A one-hour jet ski tour in the protected area of Los Deltas
- Jet ski trip in the Bay of Palma
- Snorkeling in a nature reserve
- Initiation to scuba diving in a nature reserve – English-speaking instructor and in small groups!
- A kayak excursion to visit the sea caves
- You coasteering
- Canyoning (activity that is practiced only from October to the end of March because otherwise there is no water)
- Parasailing in the Bay of Palma
- A towed buoy session
- A paddle boarding trip at sunset
2) Activities in the North of Mallorca (Alcudia and its surroundings)
- 3h cruise on a small boat of maximum 12 people where you can see many dolphins around the cape of Formentor
- Sunrise cruise to see the dolphins
- Catamaran excursion on the North coast of Mallorca + barbecue included
- Sailboat cruise with tapas + wine included
- Zodiac ride (max 12 people) in Cap de Formentor and Cap Pinar
- Sunset Cruise for 2 on a Stunning Sailboat with Dinner Included
- Horseback riding in the forest
- Alcudia Hidropark (water park)
10 days in Mallorca staying in one place
Prefer to spend 10 days in Mallorca staying in one place?
At that time, I advise you to choose accommodation around Palma to be able to travel easily. There are more things to see and activities to do in the South of the island and you can plan to make 2 or 3 round trips to the North during your stay.
If, on the other hand, you stay in the North, this will make you travel more each day to go to the South. It’s less convenient.