5 days in Dubai: what to do and see?
Have you decided to go to Dubai for 5 days? Wondering what to visit?
Do not search anymore!
To help you organize your program, I have prepared the ideal itinerary for you to visit Dubai for 5 days.
I start by giving you my tips for not queuing in front of the main tourist attractions before detailing the visits to be made from day to day.
And of course, I also offer you my selection of the best hotels to sleep in Dubai according to your budget, as well as activity ideas for a family trip.
You will see that with my advice, you will be able to make the most of your stay in Dubai!
So how do you spend 5 days in Dubai?
Our tips to save time and avoid the queue in Dubai
Dubai is THE trendy destination: the city of luxury and excess welcomes more than 15 million tourists every year.
Released in a few years from the desert, its tourist development is just impressive!
Everyone is rushing to discover incredible attractions and activities, most of them unique in the world.
The tallest tower in the world, the largest shopping center or even the longest urban zip line, it is in Dubai that it is!
But the world is often synonymous with queuing. In front of the main tourist sites, such as the Burj Khalifa, you often have to wait an hour or two and take your troubles patiently.
Fortunately, there are 2 very simple solutions to save a lot of time (and money!) during your 5-day trip to Dubai.
I’ll explain it all to you right now:
1. The Dubai Explorer Pass
The first possibility you have to visit Dubai for 5 days and save money is to buy the Dubai Explorer Pass.
The Dubai Pass allows you to choose between 3, 4, 5 or 7 attractions to do. It therefore does not work over time (24h/48h) but in terms of the number of activities.
That is to say, you can do all the activities on the same day or spread them over the duration of your stay in Dubai of 5 days. The voucher is valid for 30 days from its first activation, that’s no problem!
The Dubai Explorer Pass offers a choice of more than 50 activities, most of which, such as access to the Burj Khalifa or the excursion in the desert, are really essential.
To order it, you just have to click on the green button (a little lower) and choose the Pass corresponding to the number of attractions you want to do. So you have to count first.
However, you will not need to indicate which activities you have chosen, only the number.
A confirmation email will then be sent to you with a voucher. It is the latter, which you will have to print or download on your smartphone in order to present it at the entrance to each of the sites.
In addition to the voucher, you will receive a document summarizing all the information you need about the attractions: timetables, how to get there and it is also specified if you must reserve a time slot (for the Burj Khalifa for example) or if the Access is free (Aquaventure Park, Aquarium, etc.).
Here is a summary of the most popular attractions included in the Dubai Pass:
- Access to the observation deck located on the 124th and 125th floor of the Burj Khalifa – Time slot to be booked in advance
- Aquarium et underwater zoo
- Dubai Hop- On Hop- Off Bus Ticket
- Marina or Dubai Creek cruise
- Aquaventure Waterpark at the Atlantis Hotel
- Excursion in the desert with barbecue dinner – To be booked in advance
- Motiongate Dubai
- Legoland Dubai
- IMG Worlds of Adventure.
The Dubai Explorer Pass does not include the use of public transport, I advise you to buy a special card in addition: the NOL Card.
It will allow you to use the metro, buses, tram and water bus during your holidays in Dubai. It also includes a 2 or 4 GB SIM card.
I advise you to book your Nol card in advance by clicking on the button below, so you can collect it directly upon arrival at Dubai airport:
Buy my NOL Card now!
2. Skip-the-line tickets to Dubai tourist attractions
The second solution to avoid queuing on this 5-day Dubai itinerary is to buy in advance a skip-the-line ticket for all the visits or activities you want to do.
For Dubai, the offer is really vast: there are tickets for all the best activities such as the zipline or the very famous show of “The Pearl” but also for excursions to do in the surroundings (in the desert, in Abu Dubai ).
You will also have the choice between several very nice guided tours .
Another advantage of booking them online is that it will save you a lot of money because the tickets are cheaper than those bought directly at the ticket office.
I have prepared for you below the list of all the skip-the-line tickets or excursions that correspond to my program of visits to Dubai for 5 days. And I also give them to you as the article progresses.
To book them and access the rates, just click on the following links:
- Guided tour of Old Dubai (Deira + Bur Dubai)
- Traditional boat cruise
- Luxury cruise with gourmet dinner
- Dubai Frame
- Aquarium + Underwater Zoo
- Burj Khalifa
- Dubai Zipline
- Marina Cruise
- Mall of the Emirates
- Spectacular show by La Perle
- Aquaventure Waterpark
- Aquaventure + The Lost Chambers
- Desert trip
- Excursion to Abu Dhabi
If you want to add or choose other activities, I advise you to always book on this site (reliable and secure) which offers all official tickets: Book your tickets for Dubai attractions.
Spend 5 days in Dubai : the best itinerary
Here we have arrived at the heart of the matter: it is time to discover my itinerary in Dubai for 5 days.
For each day, I give you the details of the visits with a map to find your way around. Difficult to do more complete to optimize your holidays as much as possible!
For this schedule, I am counting on the fact that you are going to leave for 5 full days in Dubai and that you have taken your Dubai Explorer Pass or skip -the-line tickets to be able to visit as many places as possible.
If you still have questions after reading this article or if you need help organizing your vacation, do not hesitate to ask me your questions in the section dedicated to comments, at the very end of the article.
Day 1: Old Dubai
The visits of day 1:
B. Bur Dubai
C. Dubai Museum
D. Dubai Frame
E. Dubai Garden Glow
A. Le quartier de Deira
I suggest you start this 5-day visit to Dubai with the part of the city known as Old Dubai .
Start with a walk in Deira, one of the oldest neighborhoods where you can still feel a traditional and typical Middle Eastern vibe.
You will find for example various very popular souks:
- The gold souk to have your eyes shining in front of the windows and their imposing gold jewelry (a bit difficult to wear on a daily basis, it must be admitted!). But rest assured, if you want something more discreet, you will find it too.
- The perfume souk which is located in Sikkat Al Khail street. You will know that you have arrived at the heady smells that escape from the shops.
- The spice souks: curry, saffron, pepper, there is everything to spice up your dishes.
To visit Deira and its souks and learn more about the history of the district, I recommend that you choose a guided tour.
Lasting 3 hours, it’s the best way to get a comprehensive overview of Old Dubai and the culture of the city. Especially since the guide is really nice and won’t hesitate to negotiate prices if you want to make purchases.
*If you are taking the guided tour, you can then resume this schedule at step D of day 1.
Book my guided tour of Old Dubai now!
To get to Deira, take the metro to Al Ras station.
Starting by visiting Deira on the first day of your 5 day Dubai tour is a great idea as it is the best place to change your money in Dubai. Exchange offices in the area offer better rates than at the airport or in shopping malls.
In Dubai, Friday is a holy day (the equivalent of Sunday in Europe). The shops in Deira (but also in other places), are generally closed in the morning and reopen at the end of the afternoon.
B. Bur Dubai
Just opposite Deira, you will find another very old neighborhood that is also part of Old Dubai: Bur Dubai.
To get there, you just need to cross Dubai Creek in an abra, a small traditional boat. It’s very fast and it only costs 1 AED per person.
Once disembarked, here are the must-sees not to be missed in Bur Dubai:
- The house of Skeikh Saeed Al Maktoum with several documents on the history of the city. Even if you don’t feel like visiting it, the area is very nice to walk around.
- The Old Souk where you can find a bit of everything. He has more access to souvenirs (magnets, stuffed animals, slippers) than those of Deira. Do not hesitate to negotiate because the advertised prices are really inflated.
- The Hindi Lane and the Meena Bazaar, the Indian area and its pretty fabrics and traditional Indian restaurants where you can eat for cheap.
- The Sheikh Mohamed Cultural Center where you will be received for lunch in a traditional house by an Emirati. Reservations are required by clicking here.
- The Al Seef Market and its replicas of traditional houses inside which are restaurants and shops.
Evening cruises on the Creek also depart from Bur Dubai . This ultra-popular activity allows you to enjoy a good meal and the view at the same time.
The boat trip is offered in 2 versions (click on the links in orange to access the details):
- A traditional boat cruise + buffet dinner + demonstration of local folk dances
- A luxury cruise with gourmet dinner.
A cruise is one of the activities to choose from in the Dubai Explorer Pass. It must be reserved in advance using the information you will receive after purchasing the pass.
C. The Dubai Museum
I then suggest that you continue your journey on foot in Bur Dubai by visiting the Dubai Museum.
From the origins of the city with the first tribe that settled there, through the incredible economic boom of the 1960s to end up with ever crazier future projects , the whole history of the city is explained there.
It ‘s super well presented and very complete and it remains for me the best way to understand the evolution of the city.
The admission price of 3 AED is also really low for the quality of the exhibitions.
*Please note that the museum is closed on Friday mornings.
D. Dubai Frame
Then completely change universes by leaving the old part of the city to join one of the very last open attractions: the Dubai Frame.
Here excess has taken over with this structure in the shape of a giant photo frame measuring no less than 150 meters high! At the top, you can contemplate the view of the entire city with the area of Old Dubai on one side and modern Dubai and its emblematic skyscraper, the Burj Khalifa, on the other.
To add a bit of adrenaline and spectacularity (we are in Dubai after all!), part of the floor is vitrified.
The success is such for the Dubai Frame that there is often a queue to get on it. As access is not currently offered in the Dubai Explorer Pass, it is best to buy your ticket online in advance.
On sale directly by clicking on the link:
Book my Dubai Frame ticket now!
To reach the Dubai Frame from Old Dubai, you have 2 solutions:
- Take the metro at Al Fahidi station and get off at Al Jafiliya station.
- Take a taxi to cover the 5 km that separates you from the museum. It’s cheap and the taxi can drop you off closer.
E. Dubai Garden Glow
After taking a little height, reach the mainland for the last visit of the day: the Dubai Garden Glow.
This large park is known for its giant luminous structures featuring animals in impressive settings. There are dozens of them and everything is really elaborate.
The place will appeal to young and old alike.
The Dubai Garden Glow entrance fee is AED 65. This also includes a visit to a park dedicated to dinosaurs located in the same enclosure and which exhibits several specimens that interact by moving and growling when passing by.
I also advise you to start there while it is still daylight and to visit the Garden Glow after dark.
The site is open from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
I recommend that you buy your tickets in advance:
Book my Dubai Garden Glow ticket now!
At the ticket office, you will be offered to visit:
- The Magic Park for 30 AED: a place designed for taking pictures of yourself in 3D scenery. Which can be nice to do before night falls.
- The Ice Park for 45 AED which I do not recommend because I find it a bit expensive to admire some ice sculptures.
Day 2: Itinerary
The visits of day 2:
A. The Etihad Museum
B. The Jumeirah Mosque
C. The Sea
D. The Dubai Mall
E. The Fountain Show
F. The Burj Khalifa
A. L’Etihad Museum
Start the second day of your 5-day Dubai trip by visiting the Etihad Museum.
You will discover the whole process that led to the creation and ratification of the Union Treaty, at the origin of the foundation of the United Arab Emirates in 1971. It is the treaty at the very basis of the country’s economic development.
The exhibitions are presented in the form of films with testimonials and interactive terminals. We also discover the main actors of the treaty, the 7 sheiks of the Emirates.
To have a global vision of the Emirates, it is really a good museum to visit in addition to the Dubai Museum the day before.
Count approximately 1 hour of visit. Entrance ticket at 25 AED.
To get to the Etihad Museum, take the metro to World Trade Center and then a taxi.
B. Jumeirah Mosque
A 10-minute walk from the museum, you will find the Jumeirah mosque, the only one in the city whose access is authorized to non-Muslims.
You can therefore visit it if you wish, but only with a guide. He will explain to you all about the customs and the 5 pillars of Islam.
Visits take place every day except Friday around 10am and 2pm. They last about 1h15.
You will only be allowed to enter the mosque if you have your legs and shoulders covered (men and women) + your hair covered for women.
Since the mosque is directly on the way to the next stop, even if you don’t want to visit it, you can admire its exterior.
For those who wish to take the guided tour, it is better to reverse and do the mosque first then the Etihad Museum because the latter only opens at 10am. You will therefore not be able to visit it before.
There is just a 10 minute walk between the 2 so it doesn’t change much.
C. The Sea
Continuing your way a little further than the mosque, you will arrive at the entrance to the “Sea”.
As its name suggests, the place is located by the sea and provides access to several beaches as well as a water park with slides and swimming pools.
The area also includes several very nice restaurants and cafes with terraces set up in front of the water.
By the beach, you will also have a superb view of the Dubai skyline and the Burj Khalifa in the distance.
D. The Dubai Mall
For the next step of the day, I suggest you take a taxi and reach the Dubai Mall, 5 km away.
It’s time to discover the most visited shopping center in the world and its 1200 shops! Prepare the credit card, it will heat up!
To get an idea of the stores there and organize your shopping session, I give you the map of the shops right here.
But if you’re not a fan of window shopping and you’re not interested in acquiring the latest Gucci bag, the Dubai Mall is also cinemas, an ice rink, a kart track or even a flight simulator.
I also advise you to take the opportunity to visit the Dubai Mall aquarium and the Underwater Zoo, which are home to sharks, rays, all kinds of fish from all over the world, but above all the star of the place, the King Croc, one of the largest living crocodiles in the world.
I strongly recommend that you take your tickets online in advance: it’s cheaper and it saves you queuing.
There are 2 types of Dubai Aquarium tickets (click on the links to book) :
- The classic Aquarium + Underwater Zoo ticket
- A combined Aquarium + Underwater + Burj Khalifa ticket – The most interesting for you because the climb to the Burj Khalifa is scheduled for a little later in the day. So it’s definitely worth the price!
For those who have taken the Dubai Explorer Pass, the discovery of the aquarium is offered in the choice of activities.
In the Dubai Mall and public places in general, it is necessary to have a decent dress (legs and shoulders covered). Signs of affection such as kisses or holding hands are not allowed.
E. Fountain Show
When night has fallen, head outside the mall to watch the Dubai Fountains show, which takes place every 30 minutes between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Plan to be there a little early because the show is super touristy and there are crowds to enjoy the ballet of the water jets.
It is also possible to admire the spectacle up close and benefit from a better point of view by choosing an abra ride on the lake.
Book my Dubai Mall boat tour now!
To get an overview of the fountains, you can also land on the 2 terraces of the Apple Store, in the Dubai Mall.
F. Burj Khalifa
We arrive at the highlight of the day, the essential visit of this 5-day stay in Dubai: the Burj Khalifa.
You were able to admire it all day and take pictures of it from every angle, but now I suggest you go up there!
From the top of the 124th and 125th floors of the tallest tower in the world, the view is simply breathtaking. It is to be done at night, because it is much more impressive with the city lights.
And for those who are not high enough and still want to be amazed, it is also possible to climb to the 148th floor. At 555 meters high, you will be on the highest viewing platform in the world!
Who says unmissable in Dubai also means queuing. To visit the Burj Khalifa, it is imperative to buy your ticket in advance on the internet in order to avoid the queue at the counter. It will even cost you less!
Here are the different types of tickets you can choose from (click on the link in orange for info and reservations):
- Ticket At The Top Burj Khalifa – Access to the 124 and 125th floor.
- VIP At The Top Sky Ticket – Access to the 148th floor of the Burj Khalifa + 124 and 125 floor + skip-the-line access to security checks and the elevator
- Ascent to the 124th floor + dinner in the Burj Club restaurant.
As I told you earlier, if you want to visit the Aquarium and the Burj Khalifa, the most interesting ticket is this:
Book my Burj Khalifa + Aquarium ticket now!
If you have the Dubai Explorer Pass, access to Burj Khalifa is offered as 1 activity.
To access the Burj Khalifa, go to the LG level of the Dubai Mall and follow the signs “At The Top Burj Khalifa”.
Day 3: Places of interest to visit in Dubai
For this third day of your 5-day tour in Dubai, I offer you 2 choices. It’s up to you to see according to your interests what you prefer to do:
Option 1: The Dubai Marina area
The visits of day 3:
A. The Walk and The Beach
B. Dubaï Marina
C. Mall of the Emirates
D. Global Village ou show « La Perle »
A. The Walk and The Beach
A quiet start to the morning with a stroll along The Walk, an avenue that concentrates chic boutiques and restaurants with a sea view.
You can also take a short break on the public beach of The Beach, which allows you to contemplate one of the future attractions of the city and not the least: the tallest Ferris wheel in the world!
You can also indulge in some water activities if you want more action.
To reach The Walk and The Beach, take the metro to DAMAC station and then the tram to Jumeirah Beach Residence.
B. Dubai Marina
Continue your tour of the district with a walk along the water’s edge, towards the Marina.
The perfect opportunity to gaze at the yachts or go on a cruise on one of the luxury boats.
The boat tour lasts between 2 to 3 hours and allows you to discover Dubai from another angle. The cruise will even take you close to the famous Atlantis hotel. You can also enjoy a barbecue lunch on board.
Departures are around 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
To book your Dubai cruise here:
Book my Dubai Marina cruise now!
The mini cruise is also one of the attractions offered in the Dubai Explorer Pass.
In the Marina District, you can also shop at the Dubai Marina Mall.
I highly recommend that you take advantage of your visit to Dubai Marina to test one of the best activities to do in Dubai for 5 days: the highest urban zip line in the world!
Start from the top of the buildings to try to reach the maximum speed of 70 km/h above the marina. A unique and incredible experience that thrill seekers will not be able to resist!
Especially since you can impress your friends with the photos and video of your exploit.
C. Mall of the Emirates
After coming to your senses if you’ve tried the zip line, hop back on the metro to the Mall of the Emirates.
This is one of the other great malls to include in your 5 day Dubai tour. It is famous worldwide for its indoor ski slope which almost looks like it is in a real mountain resort.
Everything is there: the chairlifts, the small chalets, the ski or snowboard slopes and of course the (artificial) snow.
No need to bring all your equipment in a suitcase, everything is provided.
If you want to ski, you must book your entry ticket for Ski Dubai by clicking here.
Apart from this small peculiarity, the mall includes dozens of shops and several restaurants.
On the top floor, there is also an area reserved for children with plenty of arcade games and a mini funfair.
D. Global Village or “The Pearl” show
For the program of the evening, I also leave you the choice:
1) First proposal – Visit the Global Village.
Located outside the city, the Global Village can be reached by taking the 106 bus from the Mall of The Emirates. The journey takes 30 minutes and costs AED 20 return.
Arrived there, you will be surprised to discover a huge area grouping pavilions representing countries from all over the world. There are some for Thailand, China, Japan but also the United States, Europe and of course the Middle East.
And each pavilion includes dozens of stands selling local products, typical objects and clothing.
I found it to be very well done and well thought out. The sets are just amazing!
Allow at least 3 hours to see all the pavilions and take the time to taste a bit of everything.
I give you some practical information to organize your visit:
- The Global Village only opens from 4 p.m. every day from early November to early April (closed the rest of the year).
- Admission at 15 AED.
- You have to do it at night because that’s where the buildings are prettier.
- Please note: on Mondays, access reserved for families with children and women.
2) Second proposal – Attend the show “La Perle”.
This is THE show in vogue, the show “La Perle” and its artists and acrobats is the most famous in the city.
The staging and performances are really high quality.
As there are only 2 performances every evening, you must reserve your place in advance:
Reserve my ticket for La Perle now!
The closest metro station to the venue is Business Bay. The best is then to take a taxi to do the remaining 4 km.
Option 2: Palm Jumeirah + Aquaventure Park
Instead of visiting the Marina area, the second option I suggest is to reach the artificial island of Palm Jumeirah.
It is known worldwide for its giant palm tree shape that can be seen from space and for housing one of the most emblematic hotels in the city: the Atlantis hotel.
In addition to a short visit to the hotel for the souvenir photo, I especially recommend that you spend the day at Aquaventure Park. This water park is the largest in Dubai and renowned for its spectacular slides.
If you have chosen to visit Dubai for 5 days with your children (or even without!), this is one of the best places to go to have fun.
And since you are in the area, you can also take the opportunity to:
- Swim with dolphins in a lagoon at Dolphin Bay. If you choose this activity, you will automatically have access to the Aquaventure on the same day.
- Visit The Lost Chambers Aquarium to see rays, sharks and other fish. The aquarium is located on the ground floor of Atlantis.
You must book your tickets for these attractions by clicking on the following links:
- Aquaventure Waterpark 1-Day Ticket
- Visite de The Lost Chambers
- Dolphin Bay – Dolphin Encounter + Aquaventure
There is also a combined Aquaventure + The Lost Chambers ticket, to be purchased below:
Aquaventure + The Lost Chambers ticket
* The Aquaventure is one of the attractions offered in the Dubai Explorer Pass.
In the evening, after a brief visit to the hotel to get changed, I recommend that you go see the show “Le Perle” which I mentioned a little earlier.
You will have the choice between the performance at 7:30 p.m. or 10 p.m., which allows you to make the most of the water park.
To book here:
Reserve my ticket for La Perle now!
To go to Atlantis and Aquaventure you need:
- Take the metro to DAMAAC Properties station
- Then the tram to the Palm Jumeirah stop
- Follow the signs to join the monorail – 5 min walk
- Take the monorail – 30 AED for the return ticket. There is a monorail every 15 minutes between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Day 4: Excursion in the desert
For the fourth day of this 5-day Dubai itinerary, leave the city to explore the desert!
This excursion is truly one of the best to experience.
The pick-up is in front of your hotel and you will then be driven to the desert for a 4*4 ride in the dunes.
And that’s not all, the day includes other really great activities:
- Sandboarding: Snowboarding down sand dunes at full speed
- camel ride
- a falconry experience
You will end up having lunch or dinner in the middle of the desert in a Bedouin camp. To entertain you, henna tattoos , belly dancing demonstrations , songs are planned.
To be sure to go through a serious and reliable agency, I recommend that you book your desert excursion by clicking on the following button.
It’s really the best choice for this unmissable outing around Dubai (especially since it’s so good that it’s guaranteed satisfaction or your money back! ):
Book my desert tour in Dubai now!
If you prefer something more sporty, you can opt for one of the following 2 excursions:
Both are really great, it’s up to you to choose which you prefer!
A desert excursion is also offered as part of the Dubai Explorer Pass activities.
If you want a slightly more intimate and calm experience, you can also discover the Dubai desert in another way by opting for a hot air balloon flight.
The flight, which lasts 1 hour, takes place at sunrise, so that the spectacle is truly unforgettable.
The activity also includes a gourmet breakfast with caviar, smoked salmon and other exceptional dishes.
Instead of the day in the desert, there is another very interesting excursion to do during your 5-day vacation in Dubai: a day in Abu Dhabi.
The capital of the United Arab Emirates is particularly known for its sublime mosque and its huge Louvre museum.
There are different formulas proposed to discover Abu Dhabi. I advise you to click on the following links to access the details / prices and book your outing:
- Mosque Discovery + Corniche + Emirates Palace + Etihad Towers + Marina Mall + Qasr Al Watan – My favorite tour to see the best of Abu Dhabi in one day!
- Grand Mosque and Louvre Museum Tour from Dubai – Abu Dhabi’s 2 Must-Sees in 1 Day!
- Visit only to the mosque (1/2 day)
- Excursion to the mosque in the morning + afternoon at Ferrari World or Warner Bros.
Day 5: Last day in Dubai
For the fifth and last day of this 5-day stay in Dubai, I also leave you the choice between 2 options:
Option 1: Day at an amusement park
There are 2 well-known amusement parks in Dubai:
- The IMG Worlds of Adventure which is nothing but the 2nd largest indoor amusement park in the world. It includes several attractions dedicated to the Marvel universe and cartoons. More information on fares and timetables on the official website.
- The Dubai Parks and Resorts: a leisure complex including several theme parks on cinema, Lego, Bollywood as well as a water park.
Whether you choose one or the other, there’s plenty to keep you busy all day.
Option 2: Other things to see in Dubai for 5 days
If you’re not a fan of amusement parks, you can still visit Dubai.
Here are some suggestions of what to do next:
1) A walk through the alleys of the Dubai Miracle Garden where you can admire no less than 150 million flowers covering structures in the shape of Disney characters or a replica of an A380.
The garden has been listed several times in the Guinness Book of Records as the largest natural flower garden in the world.
- Open from November to May from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m./10 p.m.
- Metro to Mall of the Emirates + bus n°105
- Admission at 55 AED.
- Skip-the-line ticket on sale by clicking here!
- It is also possible to take an entrance ticket + hotel pick-up package by clicking directly here!
2) The Madinat Jumeirah souk, a superb place with several restaurants and shops in traditional style and recreating an oriental atmosphere.
The exterior is crossed by several canals where it is possible to take an abra ride. You can also enjoy a very nice view of the Burj Al Arab.
3) If you don’t just want to admire the Burj Al Arab, one of the only 7* hotels in the world, you can also book lunch, afternoon tea or dinner there.
The only way for you to enter if you are not a hotel guest.
Here are the different formulas that are offered (click on the link to book):
- Afternoon Tea at the SkyView Bar located on the 27th floor – Enjoy the view while enjoying pastries and cakes.
- Lunch or dinner at Bal Al Yam, the restaurant located on the ground floor of the Burj Al Arab and which offers a breathtaking view of the Persian Gulf.
- Access to the SkyView Bar + 2 free drinks
- Lunch or dinner at the Al Mahara aquarium restaurant – Live a unique experience by tasting dishes from an award-winning chef in the middle of an aquarium!
Accommodation in Dubai
You now have lots of details for how to visit Dubai for 5 days.
One last small question to settle all the same: the reservation of your accommodation! Where are you going to sleep during these 5 days?
There are so many hotels to stay in Dubai that it is sometimes a bit complicated to sort them out. I make it easy for you by giving you my selection of the best hotels to sleep in Dubai according to your budget and by geographical area.
I have also concocted a special list for you for the most beautiful luxury hotels, if you want to treat yourself or for a special occasion!
In any case, I advise you to book as far in advance as possible to get the best rates.
The best hotels in Downtown Dubai (near the Burj Khalifa)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai – Business Bay : located 1.5km from Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Very spacious and comfortable room, well decorated and equipped from €110 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: free shuttle to the Dubai Mall, breakfast with lots of choice, comfort, calm. It is our favorite for its price/performance ratio in Dubai.
- Rove Downtown: located just 600 meters from Dubai Mall. Bright and clean double room with some views of the Burj Khalifa, from €150, breakfast at €15. Pros: walking access to Dubai Mall, helpful staff, free shuttles to the beach, Dubai Museum or Souk Madinat.
- Taj Dubai: located 800 meters from the Burj Khalifa. Modern and luxurious room with bay window overlooking the city and marble bathroom from 220€, breakfast at 32€. Most: the splendid view from the rooftop, the decor on the theme of India, the large swimming pool. An excellent choice to stay near Downtown Dubai!
- Palace Downtown: located on the edge of the Burj Khalifa lake, this 5* hotel offers splendid rooms with balconies offering an exceptional view of the Burj Khalifa. From €380, breakfast €39. Most: the exceptional location, the magnificent setting, the caring staff. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay closest to Dubai’s must-see attraction!
The best hotels in Old Dubai (Deira and Bur Dubai)
- Golden Sands Hotel Apartments : located in Bur Dubai, 1.5km from the Dubai Museum. Studio equipped with kitchenette and washing machine from €80 per night, breakfast at €11. Most: cleanliness, heated swimming pool, comfort.
- Swissôtel Al Ghurair Dubai: located in the Deira district. Warm and spacious room from €115, breakfast at €27. Most: the pleasant staff, the view, the good breakfast. It is our favorite for its price/performance ratio in Old Dubai.
- Hyatt Regency Creek Heights Residences: located next to Creekside park. Very spacious room, super comfortable and very well equipped from 130€ per night, breakfast at 33€. The pluses: 5 minutes walk from the metro, the welcome, the tranquility of the place, the Spa.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek : 5* hotel located on the edge of Deira Creek. Double room with balcony and view of the creek from €150, breakfast at €29. The pluses: the proximity to the metro and shops, the beautiful swimming pool, the good bedding and the view. This is our recommendation for an upscale stay in Old Dubai.
The best beachfront hotels in Dubai
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Jumeirah Beach, Dubai: located 300 meters from the beach. Room and apartment with sea view from €125, breakfast at €27. Most: the view, the comfortable beds, the location near the beach and the marina.
- Amwaj Rotana, Jumeirah Beach – Dubai: located along The Walk. Room with balcony overlooking the Gulf and Palm Jumeirah from €175, breakfast €24. Most: the exceptional view, the proximity of the tram and metro, restaurants and shops at the foot of the hotel.
- Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach: located 150 meters from the beach. Contemporary room with balcony and sea view from €230, breakfast at €22. Most: the infinity pool, the very good breakfast, the spa, the ideal location to enjoy the sea.
- Grosvenor House Hotel and Apartments: located on the marina promenade. Elegant and bright double room from €290, breakfast at €42. Most: the comfort, the access to the private beach, the quality of the restoration.
The most beautiful luxury hotels to stay in Dubai
- Atlantis The Palm, Dubai: One of the city’s iconic hotels, located on the Palm Jumeirah. Room from €300, breakfast at €42. The pluses: access included to Aquaventure Park and The Lost Chambers, the private beach, the swimming pools.
- Rixos The Palm Hotel & Suites – Ultra All Inclusive: located on the Palm Jumeirah archipelago, this luxury resort offers all inclusive rooms (all meals included) from €452. The pluses: the quality of the catering, the setting, the comfort of the rooms.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai: located directly on the beach at JBR Walk. Elegantly decorated room and balcony with sea view from €500, breakfast €39. The pluses: the 6 swimming pools, the private beach, the Spa, the quality of the service.
- Armani Hotel Dubai: located in the Burj Khalifa tower! Room designed by the fashion icon, Giorgio Armani, from €550 per night, breakfast at €41. The pluses: the privilege of sleeping in the Burj Khalifa, the refinement of the place, the view.
- Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah: located in Palm Jumeirah. Luxurious suite with dining area and lounge area from €750, breakfast included. Most: the private beach, the huge swimming pool and the beautiful exteriors.
- Burj Al Arab Jumeirah: we end with the luxury establishment par excellence, one of the rare 7* hotels in the world! The “smallest” suite is 170m² and prices start at €1290 with breakfast at €74. At this price, I can assure you that your stay in Dubai will be exceptional!
Visit Dubai for 5 days with the family
Is it possible and above all pleasant to go to Dubai for 5 days with the family? Well yes, no worries!
It is super easy to get around thanks to the metro and for the rest the taxi is really a very practical and economical solution.
To sum up, here are the activities I would favor for a trip with your children to Dubai:
- The souks of Old Dubai for its colors and its little trinkets to bring back
- Dubai Garden Glow and its fantastic universe. Without missing the Dinosaur Park right next door.
- Profiter des plages (la Mer / The Walk and the Beach)
- The aquarium and the underwater zoo in the Dubai Mall
- The sound and light show of the fountains
- The climb to the Burj Khalifa
- 1 day at the Aquaventure Park of the Atlantis hotel
- The Global Village, a concentration of traditions from around the world in one place
- The excursion in the desert for the older ones
- Amusement parks like IMG Worlds of Adventure or Dubai Parks and Resorts
- The Miracle Garden.
You see that every day there are visits that will make them happy!
Among the activities that I have not included in this 5-day Dubai sightseeing schedule, you can also add:
Map of your 5-day Dubai itinerary
To help you visualize your itineraries during these 5 days in Dubai, I made you a map listing the places to visit day by day. You can display the map legend by clicking on the top left button with a small arrow. You will then be able to view the routes for each day.
Need help planning your 5 day Dubai itinerary? Do not hesitate to ask me your questions in the comments.