3 weeks in Greece: What to do and see?
Do you want to visit Greece in three weeks? Excellent choice of destination!
In order to help you organize your stay, I have prepared a 3-week Greece itinerary for you to give you a complete tour of the archaeological sites, the Greek islands and the must-see places of interest in the country.
Starting from mainland Greece , discover Athens, Peloponnese, Meteora and Thessaloniki. Then, for the second part of your vacation, fly to the Cyclades with a circuit to Santorini, Amorgos, Naxos and Paros.
In addition to things to do, also find our selection of the best accommodation according to your budget for each stage of your trip.
Thanks to our advice and tips, organizing your 20-21-22 day Greece itinerary will be super easy!
So, what to do and see in Greece in 3 weeks?
Day 1-2: Athens
To start your 20 or 21 days Greece itinerary, you will land at Athens airport .
Visiting Athens is very good on foot, but you will necessarily have to rent a car from the next stage. It’s up to you whether you prefer to rent it as soon as you arrive, or pick it up at the airport when you leave Athens for the Peloponnese.
Then reach your hotel in Athens, either by car (for those who have rented it directly) or:
- By taxi : €40
- By bus: line X95 to reach the central square of Athens, Syntagma Square. But watch out for traffic jams!
- By metro: line 3 (the blue one). Fastest option to reach the city center.
- By shuttle, if your hotel offers this service.
On the program for this first day in Athens (in order of visit):
- The Acropolis Museum to discover the history of the most famous place in the city – Skip the line ticket to buy here!
- The Acropolis of Athens, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the essential visit during this three-week stay in Greece.
- The Plaka district, for its picturesque side
- The Ancient Agora and its museum
- The Monastiraki district, nicknamed the “souk” of Athens for its many shops selling everything and nothing
- The hill of Philopappos to admire the sunset
- And if you like to party, go to the Gazi district.
Spend the night in Athens.
The next day, continue this 20-21 day itinerary in Greece, with a stroll through Athens to visit the other monuments.
To do and see on this second day:
- The Panatheian Stadium which hosted sporting events long before our modern Olympics
- Hadrian’s Gate
- The Temple of Zeus
- The Zappéion park and the national garden
- Syntagma Square where the changing of the guard takes place every hour
- Ermou Street, ideal for shopping
- The National Archaeological Museum of Athens
- Lycabettus Hill, the perfect vantage point from which to admire the sunset over the Acropolis.
Spend another night in Athens.
All the details on the places not to be missed in Athens are in our article: What to visit in Athens?
Tips for your Greece itinerary:
A combined ticket at 30€ allows you to visit the Acropolis, the Ancient Agora as well as several other sites: the Library of Hadrian, the Temple of Zeus, the Roman Agora and the Lykeion.
It is possible to buy it in advance on the internet in order to avoid queuing at the entrance to each of the sites mentioned above. It is also valid for 5 days.
And to make the most of your visit to Athens, I recommend that you opt for the all-in-one pass: the Athens City Pass!
- The aforementioned combined Acropolis ticket
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Acropolis Museum
- An audio guide for your visit to Athens
- A 10% discount on all other attractions in Athens
Want to know everything about the Acropolis? In this case, I recommend that you opt for a guided tour, which also allows you to skip the line.
Accommodation in Athens
- Bedbox Hostel: Hostel located 300 meters from Monastiraki Square and 700 meters from the Acropolis. Bed in dormitory from 18€ per night. Most: the location, the super friendly staff, the cleanliness.
- Evripides Hotel: Located 400 meters from Ermou Street and 500 from Monastiraki. Room with a simple and comfortable decor from €70 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the magnificent view of the Acropolis from the rooftop, the location for visiting Athens on foot, the welcome. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio.
- Amalia Hotel: Located on Syntagma Square, just opposite the National Garden. Modern and spacious double room, some with a balcony overlooking the garden, from €155, breakfast included. Most: the comfort, the very hearty breakfast, the geographical location in the center.
- Wyndham Grand Athens: 5 star hotel located 1 km from Ermou Street and 1.5 km from the Acropolis. Design and elegant double room from €200, breakfast at €16. Most: the swimming pool on the roof, the panoramic view of the Acropolis, the Spa, the metro station just opposite.
- Electra Metropolis: 5 star hotel located just 200 meters from Syntagma Square and 600 from the Acropolis. Spacious and comfortable double room from €270, breakfast included. The pluses: the ideal geographical location, the view of the Acropolis from the roof terrace, the quality of the meals, the swimming pool. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Athens.
Day 3: Mycenae / Epidaurus / Nafplion
A three-week Greece itinerary would not be complete without a part dedicated to the discovery of the Peloponnese.
For this first day in the region, I suggest you visit 3 places:
- The Corinth Canal, 1 hour from Athens. Small photo stop necessary to admire this channel dug in the rock in order to avoid the boats a detour of nearly 400 km. If you are lucky enough that a boat passes at this time, you will see that it is very narrow and the maneuver is delicate.
- Mycenae, 40 minutes from the canal. Former home of King Agamemnon, it is one of the oldest sites in Greece. To do if you like to wander among the old stones because there is not much left of the royal palace or the tombs. Otherwise, go directly to the next site.
- Epidaurus, 45 minutes by car from Mycenae. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its ancient theatre, whose acoustics are exceptional. It is one of the major sites of the Peloponnese.
At the end of the day, reach your last stop: the pretty town of Nauplia, by the sea. Allow about 30 minutes from Epidaurus.
Stroll through the old town, climb to the fortress of Acronauplia for the view, and finish with a swim at the pebble beach of Arvanitia.
Spend the night in Nafplio.
And for an exceptional experience during your stay in Greece, you can also go bungee jumping at the Corinth Canal!
Accommodation in Nafplio
- Agamemnon Hotel: Located in the old town of Nafplion, opposite the Bourdzi fortress. Double room, some with a balcony overlooking the sea from €55, breakfast included. Most: the location, the view, the warm welcome.
- Amymone and Adiandi Hotel: Located 5 minutes from the beach, in the old town. Elegant and tastefully decorated double room from €75, breakfast included. Most: the delicious breakfast, the location on a pedestrian street, the original and nice decor. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio in Nafplio!
- Amalia Nafplio Hotel: Located on the outskirts of the city, about 2 km from the centre. Luxurious and comfortable double room from €110, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the free private parking, the calm, the varied breakfast.
- Nafplia Palace Hotel & Villas: This 5-star hotel welcomes you 5 minutes walk from the beach and 15 minutes walk from the center. The establishment offers spacious and modern rooms with balcony overlooking the fort and the sea from 260€. For the luxury version, you can also sleep in a villa with a private pool from €570. Most: the swimming pool, the view, the quality of the restaurant and the breakfast. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Nafplio!
Day 4: Fortress of Palamidi / Monemvasia
Today, continuation of this trip of three weeks in Greece and in the Peloponnese, by the visit of the fortress of Palamidi.
You can reach it by car from Nafplion. The fortress is really big and well laid out. You can enjoy many views of the city and the sea. Allow 2 hours to go around.
Then get back in the car to go to Monemvasia (3 hours drive).
Built on the sides of cliffs and invisible from the outside thanks to its surrounding wall, the village actually hides pretty cobbled streets lined with shops and restaurants. The central square also houses a church and a cathedral.
From there, you can take the path that leads to the very top of the mountain, to the fortress. The panorama is definitely worth the little effort!
After Monemvassia, take the road back to Mistra (about 1h30). It’s quite a journey during the day but it’s the best for the next day’s program.
Tips for your Greece itinerary:
To visit Monemvasia, park your car in the car park after the dyke and take the shuttle (€1) to reach the entrance to the village.
Accommodation in Mistra
- Byzantion Hotel : Located next to the main square of Mistra. Comfortable room with a view of the archaeological site from €55, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the view, the private car park.
- Mazaraki Guesthouse: Located very close to the Mistra site in the heart of nature. Spacious and warm suite with balcony from €115, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the setting, the neat decor, the breakfast served in the room.
- Arxontiko Taygeti: This guest house is located just 5 km from the city center of Mistras. Duplex suite with kitchenette, lounge area and balcony with view of the mountains and the Mistra site from €160, breakfast included. Most: the calm, the excellent welcome, the environment, the fridge filled for breakfast.
- Mystras Grand Palace Resort: This 5-star hotel is located 5 minutes from Mistra by car. The brand new establishment offers rooms with stone walls and exposed beams with terrace, from €180, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the jacuzzi, the sauna, the comfort of the rooms, the tranquillity. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Mistra.
Day 5: Mistra / Olympia
During the fourth stage of this twenty-day stay in Greece, I suggest that you start the day by visiting the site of Mistra (or Mystras).
Former capital of the Byzantine Empire, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site , you can admire several churches, monasteries and convents as well as a fortress in Mistra .
Divided into 2, an upper part and a lower part, at the entrance of which there is a parking lot, you can choose to start on one side or the other. The less tiring is all the same to park at the top to visit the place where the fortress is, then to go down by car and to visit the second part.
Remember to keep your entrance ticket, you will be asked for it.
Mistra is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful places to see in the Peloponnese, during your 3-week road trip in Greece. Count about 3 hours of visit.
Then join the other mythical site of the day: Olympia (2 hours away).
The best is to visit Mistra early in the morning, to arrive towards Olympia around 3/4 p.m. and have time to visit the museum and the archaeological site.
Start with the museum to discover the objects and statues found in Olympia then continue with the visit of the site itself. The 2 are side by side.
Olympia having served to host the Olympic Games between the year 776 and the year 393 BC, you can walk through the foundations of the temples, the sports facilities and the gymnasium.
If it’s not too late at the end of your visit to Olympia, be sure to drop by the Historical Museum of the Olympic Games. You will learn all the details of the tests practiced during the games and their history. It would be a shame not to go there, the entrance is included in the ticket for the Olympia site (price: 12€).
Spent the night in Olympia.
Accommodation in Olympia
- Leonidaion Guesthouse: Located 10 minutes walk from the site of Olympia. Spacious and comfortable double room from €55 per night, breakfast included. Most: free private parking, walking access to the site, location in a street above the main so quiet. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio in Olympia!
- Amalia Hotel Olympia: Located at the entrance to the city. Spacious and bright room with bay window and balcony or terrace from €80, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the very good and varied breakfast, the welcoming staff, fruit basket and water offered.
- Arty Grand Hotel: Located on top of a hill overlooking the city. This 5-star hotel offers modern double rooms with lounge area and balcony from €95 per night, breakfast included. Most: the huge outdoor pool, the indoor pool, the setting. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Olympia.
Day 6: Delphi
Continuation of this three-week itinerary in Greece. Today, after these 3 days in the Peloponnese, I suggest you go to Delphi.
Count no less than 3h15 by car from Olympia, but fortunately the landscapes and the towns crossed are quite nice.
I recommend you stop at:
- Kalogria Sandhill: a large sandy beach surrounded by dunes and pine forest. There is a nice walk to do.
- Gianiskari Beach, a pretty sandy beach which is reached by a track. Not touristy and quite quiet.
- Nafpaktos: a pretty town by the sea with 2 large beaches, bars and a small port. Ideal for the lunch break. There is also a castle at the top of the city which offers a beautiful view of the bay and up to the Charilaos Trikoupio bridge (entrance at 2€).
- Galadixi is another small village by the sea with a walk to do along the port and also in the pine forest. There are cafes and restaurants.
- Between Nafpaktos and Galidaxi, you will see that the seaside road is really pretty and there are several beaches for swimming.
Delphi is famous because it was there that people came to consult the famous oracles delivered by the Pythia. These, whether correctly interpreted or not, have strongly influenced the destiny of the country. At the time Delphi was considered the center of the world.
You can now visit the archaeological site and the museum located next to it for 12€. Discover the Temple of Apollo, the theatre, the stadium and above all admire the view of the mountains and the surrounding area.
Visiting Delphi is truly one of the must-do’s of this 3 week Greece itinerary.
Tips for your Greece itinerary:
I recommend that you visit the archaeological site of Delphi at the end of the day, the light is really magnificent, and that gives you time to stop on the road.
For dinner, head to Taverna Vakhos. With a slightly different and more upscale menu than the other restaurants, for the same price, this place stands out. Remember to book.
Accommodation in Delphi
- Fedriades Delphi Hotel: Located 10 minutes walk from the ancient site of Delphi. Modern and warm double room with balcony from €55, breakfast at €8. Most: the panoramic view, the quality of the bedding, the warm welcome.
- Kastalia Boutique Hotel: Located just 5 minutes from the city of Delphi. Spacious and modern double room from €62, breakfast included. Most: the terrace for breakfast, the excellent welcome, the location. It is our favorite for its price / performance ratio in Delphi.
- Nidimos Hotel: Located 1 km from the archaeological site. Bright and comfortable double room with balcony from €65, breakfast €10. Most: the rich and varied breakfast, the free parking under the hotel, the beautiful view.
- Amalia Hotel Delphi : Located 800 meters from the archaeological site. Modern and bright double room with large bay windows offering a view of the sea from €90, breakfast included. Most: the large swimming pool, the view, the setting.
Day 7: Meteora
And we continue this 3-week Greece itinerary, by the place that I preferred to see: Meteora.
Right in the center of Greece, it is located quite far from Athens (5 hours) or Thessaloniki (2h40) but you will not regret for a moment having integrated it into your itinerary!
I advise you to leave fairly early from Delphi to arrive at Meteora around noon. You can stop for lunch in Kalambaka and take the opportunity to go to the tourist office of the city to get the map of the monasteries.
Meteora is a unique geological site with huge rock formations. And because that was not enough, monasteries were built on top of these rocks!
At the time, the monks who lived there had to borrow cages drawn above the void to join them. Today I assure you, you can visit 6 of them by taking stairs!
Admission for each costs 3€. If you only have to see one from the inside, choose the Great Meteor Monastery, it is the largest and most impressive.
I found the place really splendid and it is the perfect place for lovers of beautiful photos.
Spend the night in one of the hotels that I suggest below.
Accommodation in Meteora
- Pyrgos Adrachti: Located in the village of Kastraki, 5 minutes drive from the monasteries. Double room with a view of Meteora from €60, breakfast €7.50. Most: the magnificent view, the calm, the hearty breakfast.
- Meteora Hotel at Kastraki: Located in Kastraki. Modern and bright double room from €80 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the location in the countryside, the spectacular view. It is the ideal hotel where to rest during your 3 week stay in Greece.
- Hotel Meteoritis: Located in Kastraki. Spacious and comfortable double room with bacon overlooking Meteora, from 125€, breakfast included. Most: the location, the pleasant staff, the private parking, the varied and hearty breakfast.
Day 8: Thessaloniki
For this stage, I suggest you join Thessaloniki.
It’s not the most interesting program of this three-week tour in Greece, but it will allow you to fly to Santorini, avoiding having to return to Athens.
From Meteora, you will take about 2h40.
Depending on the time of your flight to Santorini, you may have time for a short stopover in Thessaloniki.
In this case, I invite you to read my article dedicated to the city. You will find an example of an itinerary on foot, to follow to see the main places of interest: Visit Thessaloniki in 1 day.
Then head to the airport to drop off your rental car and embark on the second part of your three-week Greece itinerary.
Tips for your Greece itinerary:
Flying from Thessaloniki to Santorini saves you time. Flights don’t necessarily cost more than from Athens, nor a ferry ride (which will take you much longer!).
Day 9-11: Santorini
For the next stage of your 3-week stay in Greece, I suggest you visit the Cyclades islands. And what better than to start with the most famous of all: Santorini.
Arrived by plane from Thessaloniki, pick up your rental car for 3 days and then head to your hotel.
Here is my sample itinerary for visiting the island.
The first day, stroll to Fira and Oia, the 2 “postcard” villages of Santorini.
To be done in this order:
- Visit of Fira in the morning.
- Possibility to do a very nice hike from Fira to Oia in the early afternoon (about 1h30-2h, you can also go to Oia by car)
- Visit Oia in the late afternoon and be there for the sunset.
On the second day, opt for a boat trip to discover the still active volcano of Néa Kaméni and bathe in the hot springs.
And for the luxury and romantic version on a catamaran, it’s here.
For the third day, I propose a road trip around the island:
- Go see the other villages of Pyrgos, Megalohori and Emporio.
- Travel through 2 archaeological sites: Akrotiri (often compared to Pompeii, Italy ) and Ancient Thera.
- Wine lovers can also book a small-group wine tour of Santorini’s estates with tasting included. Book here!
- End of the day relaxing on one of the beaches. The Red Beach or the Black Beach are the most famous and popular. Monolithos beach is more family friendly.
For the complete guide to the island of Santorini, it’s in our article: What to see in Santorini in 3 days.
Accommodation in Santorini
Top hotels in Oia
- Aethrio Aparthotel: Located in Oia, just a few steps from the main square. Double room, studios or apartments with balcony for the most part, from €160, breakfast included. Most: the large swimming pool, the spacious rooms, the roof terrace to admire the sunset. It is one of the cheapest establishments in Oia and its price/performance ratio is excellent!
- Caldera Premium Villas: Located in the center of Oia. The establishment offers troglodyte suites with sea and caldera views from €290 per night, breakfast included. Most: the pool, the decor, the view, the location.
- Theodora Suites Apartment: Located in the heart of Oia. Studio with kitchenette, fridge, private terrace and outdoor or indoor jacuzzi from €350, breakfast included. Most: the jacuzzi, the breathtaking view, the friendliness of the staff.
- Andronis Boutique Hotel: 5 star hotel located in Oia. You will be welcomed in suites with a view of the Caldera, private balcony and jacuzzi or private swimming pool, from 800€, breakfast included. Most: the idyllic setting, the calm. This is our recommendation for a 3 week romantic trip to Greece!
- Katikies Hotel – The Leading Hotels of the World: Luxury hotel in Oia, the establishment offers rooms and suites with a view and spa bath from €1,000, breakfast included. The pluses: the swimming pools, the jacuzzis, the splendid view, the catering. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Santorini!
Top hotels in Fira
- Galatia Villas: Located 10 minutes from Fira town center. Fairly basic but pleasant double room from 80€ per night. Most: the jacuzzi on the roof, the warm welcome, the price/performance ratio for Santorini.
- Lilium Santorini Villa: Located at the edge of the caldera. Elegant and modern room with sea view from €315, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the exceptional location, the warm welcome.
- Cosmopolitan Suites – Small Luxury Hotels of the World: Located in the heart of Fira. Charming room decorated in the style of the Cyclades with private balcony from 550€, breakfast included. The pluses: the infinity pool overlooking the cliff, the services of a luxury hotel. This is the perfect hotel for a romantic getaway in Santorini.
- Aria Suites: Located in Fira, this high standard hotel offers only 6 luxury suites and villas fully equipped with CD player, DVD and laptop, from 700€. Most: the beautiful location, the pool, the availability of staff. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay with complete privacy in Fira!
The other best accommodations on the island of Santorini
- Memories Beach Hotel: Located next to Monolithos beach. Comfortable and modern room from €65 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the calm, the lovely staff.
- Rose Suites: Located in Vourvoulos, 4 km from Fira. Very well equipped and tastefully decorated studios and apartments, furnished with kitchenette and private terrace from €75 per night. Most: the swimming pool, the calm, the equipment, the decor, the fridge filled with everything you need for breakfast. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio!
- Hippocampus Hotel: Located in Kamari, 50 meters from the beach. Room with balcony overlooking the pool or garden from €85 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the proximity to the beach, the setting and the friendly staff.
- Meltemi Village Hotel: Located in Perissa, 5 minutes from the black beach. Rooms and suites with jacuzzi from €100 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pools, the fitness center, the good breakfast. An excellent choice where to sleep by the sea during your 20-21-22 day trip to Greece.
Day 12-14: Amorgos
During this holiday in Greece, you will also have time to visit other islands of the Cyclades.
I suggest you start with Amorgos, just 1 hour by ferry from Santorini.
Attention, Amorogs has 2 ports, in Katapola and Aegiali. Check where you are coming from and where you are leaving from.
As you cannot cross from Santorini with your rental car (it is forbidden), you will have to rent a new one on each island. Amorgos being a small island, you will not be able to reserve your car in advance and will have to rent it on site.
For this first day, discover part of the island by car:
- Katapola, le port principal
- The capital Hora and its mills
- Lunch break in one of the typical taverns of the village
- The Monastery of Panagia Hozoviotissa
- The cove of Agia Ana, near the monastery
- Kalotaritissa, a great beach for a swimming break. Before or after, go see the wreck of the Big Blue.
For the next 2 days, go hiking on the many marked paths of the island. They are listed on the official Amorgos website.
Amorgos is really the perfect place to practice this activity! Most routes will also allow you to spend some time at the beach.
Read our article on Amorgos to know all the visits to do: Visiting Amorgos: the ultimate guide.
Accommodation in Amorgos
To visit Amorgos, I advise you to sleep in one of the 2 main towns: Katapola or Aegiali. I recommend you choose between the 2 depending on your departure port when you leave Amorgos.
To help you, I have prepared a selection of the best hotels to sleep in Amorgos.
The best hotels in Katapola
- Amorgion Hotel: Located 1 km from the port of Katapola and 8 minutes walk from the beach. Double room with private balcony and some views of the Aegean Sea from €50 per night, breakfast €8. Most: the swimming pool, the free private car park, the warm welcome. This is the only hotel with a swimming pool in Katapola!
- Pension Barbara: Located 5 minutes from the beach and right next to the port of Katapola. Studio equipped with sink and fridge and having a balcony from 55€. Most: cleanliness, calm, very nice owner.
- Diasino Studios Apartment: Located near the port. Modern and recent studio or apartment with terrace or balcony from €60, breakfast €5. Most: the calm, the situation, all the restaurants nearby. It is our favorite for its price/performance ratio.
- Hotel Landeris: Located 3 minutes from the beach and a few meters from the port. Rustic style room, studio or apartment with wooden furniture, from €60, breakfast included. The pluses: the friendly owners who speak perfect French, the delicious breakfast, the good advice.
- Hotel Minoa: Located 100 meters from the beach and next to the port. Bright and spacious room with balcony from €80 per night, breakfast included. Most: the friendliness of the staff, the exceptional breakfast.
Best hotels in Aegiali
- Pelagos: Located 3 minutes from the beach and 100 meters from the port of Aegiali. Double room with balcony overlooking the sea from €35, breakfast €5. Most: the view, the reception at the boat, the hearty breakfast.
- Aelia Studios Apartment: Located right by the beach. Modern and warm studio with kitchenette with oven and hotplates from €60 per night. Most: the decoration, the charm of the establishment, the location. It is our favorite for its price-performance ratio in Aegiali.
- Vigla Hotel: Located 10 minutes from the beach, in the village above Aegiali, in Tholaria. Modern, bright and spacious room from €110, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the hearty breakfast, the comfort, the calm, the good restaurant. If you are looking for a nice hotel with a swimming pool to sleep in Amorgos, the Vigla is an excellent choice!
- Aegialis Hotel & Spa: Located on the heights of Aegiali. This 5-star hotel (the only one on the island) offers comfortable rooms with balcony from €140 per night. Most: the huge swimming pool, the magnificent view of Aegiali and the sea, the Spa, the tranquility of the place.
Day 15-17: Naxos
To visit Greece in 3 weeks, now head to Naxos, 1h15 from Amorgos by ferry.
For Naxos, as it is a big island, I strongly recommend that you book a rental car in advance.
You will arrive in Hora, the capital and will be able to discover the Portara and the Kastro district. In the afternoon, take advantage of one of the beaches on the west coast to relax.
The second day, a short drive to visit the mountain villages of the island: Halki, Filoti and Apiranthos are on the program!
If you like hiking, I advise you to do the one starting from the sources of Aria, towards Filoti. It allows to reach the summit of Mount Zeus, the highest peak of the Cyclades.
Then join Moutsouna by car to enjoy one of the beaches on the east coast.
On the last day in Naxos, take a cruise around the island with swimming stops. Diving equipment is even included in the price.
You want to know more about Naxos, it’s in our article: The complete guide to the island of Naxos.
Accommodation in Naxos
The most practical way to visit Naxos is to sleep in Hora or in the surrounding area.
- Anatoli Hotel: Located 10 minutes walk from the center of Naxos and the beach. Modern double room with balcony and view of the garden or swimming pool from €45, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the sauna, the jacuzzi, free transfer from or to the port and the airport.
- The Saint Vlassis: Located 700 meters from the town center and 500 meters from the beach of Agios Georgios. Comfortable and spacious double room with for some an outdoor jacuzzi from 60€ per night, breakfast included. Most: the warm welcome, the good breakfast, the free parking. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio in Naxos.
- Xenia Hotel: Located in the center of Naxos. Modern and well-equipped double room from €70, breakfast at €8. Most: the location in the heart of the city, convenient for taking the ferry, the friendliness of the staff, the comfortable bed.
- Hotel Grotta: Located just 700 meters from the Portara and 15 minutes from the beach. Pleasant and bright double room with balcony from €90, breakfast included. The pluses: the swimming pool, the view of the city, the comfort, the breakfast with local and homemade products, the Spa area. An excellent choice where to sleep in Naxos as a couple.
- Nissaki Beach Hotel: Located on the edge of Agios Georgios beach, the closest to Naxos. Warm and tastefully decorated double room with balcony, from €220 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the geographical location next to the beach, the excellent breakfast, the professional person. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Naxos.
Day 18-20: Paros
Continue this 3-week tour of Greece via Paros, just 40 minutes by ferry from Naxos.
On this first day, focus on the northern part of the island, with the program:
- Parikia , the capital and its old town where the basilica of Panagia Ekatontapyliani is located .
- The park of Paros to take a nice walk along 3 marked trails (about 2 hours walk)
- After the walk, cool off on the beach next to the park
- Naoussa, the chic seaside resort of Paros with its trendy shops and restaurants
- End of the day at the beach. Choose between Siparos Beach, Stefano Beach, Lageri Beach, Santa Maria Beach or Kolymbithres.
The next day, it left for the south side of the island.
Get in the car and reach the 3 picturesque and authentic villages of the island: Lefkes, Prodromos and Marpissa. Or if you prefer to walk, go to Lefkes first, then take the Byzantine path that connects them.
For lunch, I recommend that you go to the port of Pisso Livadi, whose restaurants are renowned for their grilled fresh fish dish.
In the afternoon, you can test one of the nearby beaches such as Golden Beach, Logaras Beach or Faragas Beach.
For the last day in Paros, I suggest a boat trip around the island and Antiparos.
Half day or full day, the choice is yours. Between 40 to 100€ depending on the duration and the type of boat.
For all the details on visiting Paros in 3 days, find the information in our article: What to do and see in Paros?
Accommodation in Paros
In Paros, accommodation is mainly concentrated around Parikia (practical because this is where the ferries arrive and depart) or Naoussa, the island’s main seaside resort.
I have therefore prepared a selection of the best accommodation for you to sleep in Paros according to these 2 cities.
The best hotels in Parikia
- Margarita: Located 300 meters from the Basilica of Parikia and 400 meters from the beach. Double room with balcony from €37. Most: the kindness and the advice of the managers, the warm atmosphere.
- Nostos Studios Apartment: Located 1 minute walk from the beach and 1 km from the port. Studio that can accommodate up to people and with a view of the sea from 70€. Most: the roof terrace to admire the sunset, the family hotel, the warm welcome.
- Sunset View Hotel : Located less than 10 minutes walk from the port. Comfortable room with balcony overlooking the sea from €80, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the free shuttle from or to the port, the free private car park. It is our favorite for its price / performance ratio in Paros.
- Akrotiri Hotel: Located 2 km from the port of Parikia. Clean and comfortable double room with sea view from €100 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the view, the good breakfast, the caring staff.
The best hotels in Naoussa
- Surfing Beach Village Paros: Located directly on the beach of Santa Maria, 5 minutes drive from Naoussa. Very nice bungalow in the Cycladic style from 30€ per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the swimming pool, the free transfer to the port, the setting, the free deckchairs on the beach.
- Hotel Senia: Located 200 meters from the center of Naoussa, by the sea. Room and suite with private balcony and stunning views from €105, breakfast included. The pluses: the 2 swimming pools, the free parking, the very good breakfast. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio.
- Paliomylos Spa Hotel: Located 800 meters from Naoussa. Spacious and bright double room from €110 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the swimming pool, the Spa and the massages, the decor, the full and varied breakfast.
- Villa Bellonia: 12 minutes from the beach and 1 km from Naoussa. Tastefully decorated room with private balcony or terrace from €120, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the comfort, the excellent breakfast. The best choice for a romantic getaway on Paros Island!
- Saint Andrea Resort Hotel: 1.5 km from Naoussa, the hotel offers luxurious accommodation with private covered terrace and garden or sea view from 200€ per night. Most: the location facing the sea, the pleasant staff, the large swimming pool. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Paros.
Day 21: Return to Santorini or Athens
You have arrived at the end of this three-week stay in Greece, you will have to think about taking your return flight.
From Paros, the quickest way is to return to Santorini and fly from there. The ferry trip takes 2 hours.
You can also return to Athens. Allow 3 hours by ferry to Paros-Athens.
Depending on the time of your flight, you can also leave Paros the day before, at the end of the day.
Tips for your Greece itinerary:
For a 20-day Greece itinerary, remove a day on one of the islands.
For a 22-day tour in Greece, you can add a day in Athens to take a cruise to the Saronic Islands, for example, or add a day in Santorini or another Greek island.
Do not hesitate to give us your opinion and suggestions on our 20-21-22 day itinerary in Greece!
Are you going to Greece? Read also
Discover all our articles on Greece: all articles on Greece are listed here.
- Itinerary: 3 or 4 days in Greece – Guide to visit Athens, Peloponnese and Delphi!
- Itinerary: 6, 7 or 8 days in Greece – The guide to visiting Athens and the Peloponnese in one week
- Itinerary: One month in Greece – Guide to visit mainland Greece, Cyclades and Rhodes in 1 month!
- Itinerary: 4-5 days in Crete – Itinerary to prepare a short stay in East or West Crete
- Itinerary: A week in Crete – The perfect itinerary to visit West Crete
- Itinerary: 7 days in Crete – The itinerary to visit East Crete in 1 week
- 3 Days in Athens: Itinerary with Top 18 Things to Do
- 3 Days in Santorini – The best 72h itinerary on the island!
- Paros: Top 10 things to do and see