1 month in Greece: what to do and see?
Do you want to visit Greece in a month? Excellent idea!
In order to help you prepare for your stay, I have organized a one-month itinerary for you in Greece so that you don’t miss any of the most famous archaeological sites, major cities, Greek islands and see a large part of the unmissable places of interest .
This trip takes you to mainland Greece to discover Athens, the Peloponnese, Meteora and the region of Thessaloniki.
For the second part of your vacation in Greece, fly to the Cyclades with a circuit passing through Santorini, Amorgos, Naxos and Paros. Finally, set off to explore the Dodecanese and the splendid island of Rhodes!
You will also find our selection of the best accommodation for each stage.
So, what to do and see in Greece in 1 month?
Day 1-4: Athens
For this 1-month Greece itinerary, I suggest you start with Athens, the capital of the country.
Arriving at the airport, you can either choose to rent your rental car now, or come back to pick it up at the next stop (knowing that you don’t need it in Athens).
Here are the visits to do for this first day:
- The Acropolis Museum
- The Acropolis of Athens, an essential visit during a stay in Greece.
- Plaka district
- The Ancient Agora and its museum
- The quarter of Monastiraki
- Philoppapos hill at sunset
- The Gazi district, for partygoers
On the program for the second day in Athens:
- The Panatheian Stadium
- Hadrian’s Gate
- The Temple of Zeus
- The Zappéion park and the national garden
- La place Syntagma
- La rue Ermou
- The National Archaeological Museum of Athens
- Lycabettus Hill, the perfect vantage point from which to admire the sunset over the Acropolis.
Tips for your Greece itinerary:
A combined ticket at 30€ allows you to visit the Acropolis, the Ancient Agora and several other sites: Hadrian’s Gate, the Temple of Zeus, the Roman Agora…
It is sold on the internet and allows you to avoid the queue at the entrance to each of the sites mentioned above and is valid for 5 days.
And to make the most of your visit to Athens, I recommend that you opt for the all-in-one pass: the Athens City Pass!
- The aforementioned combined Acropolis ticket
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Acropolis Museum
- An audio guide for your visit to Athens
- A 10% discount on all other attractions in Athens
Want to know everything about the Acropolis? In this case, I recommend that you opt for a guided tour, which also allows you to skip the line.
For the next 2 days, I advise you to visit the surroundings of Athens.
For example, you can opt for an excursion to Cape Sounion, famous for its temple and the view of the Saronic Gulf.
The next day, take a day cruise around the Saronic Islands to discover Hydra, Poros and Aegina.
You will find all the details for visiting Athens and its surroundings in our article: What to do in Athens?
Accommodation in Athens
- Bedbox Hostel: Hostel located 300 meters from Monastiraki Square and 700 meters from the Acropolis. Bed in dormitory from 18€ per night. Most: the location, the super friendly staff, the cleanliness.
- Evripides Hotel: Located 400 meters from Ermou Street and 500 from Monastiraki. Room with a simple and comfortable decor from €70 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the magnificent view of the Acropolis from the rooftop, the location for visiting Athens on foot, the welcome. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio.
- Amalia Hotel: Located on Syntagma Square, just opposite the National Garden. Modern and spacious double room, some with a balcony overlooking the garden, from €155, breakfast included. Most: the comfort, the very hearty breakfast, the geographical location in the center.
- Wyndham Grand Athens: 5 star hotel located 1 km from Ermou Street and 1.5 km from the Acropolis. Design and elegant double room from €200, breakfast at €16. Most: the swimming pool on the roof, the panoramic view of the Acropolis, the Spa, the metro station just opposite.
- Electra Metropolis: 5 star hotel located just 200 meters from Syntagma Square and 600 from the Acropolis. Spacious and comfortable double room from €270, breakfast included. The pluses: the ideal geographical location, the view of the Acropolis from the roof terrace, the quality of the meals, the swimming pool. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Athens.
Day 5: Mycenae / Epidaurus / Nafplio
To continue your one-month Greece itinerary, now head to the Peloponnese for a few days.
Today, I suggest you divide your day into several visits:
- The Corinth Canal, 1 hour from Athens.
- Mycenae: must do if you are interested in old stones as not much remains of King Agamemnon’s former home
- Epidaurus, to see for its ancient theater
- Nafplio where you will spend the night. Located by the sea, you can enjoy the beach and stroll through the old town.
And for a great experience on this Greece itinerary, you can also go bungee jumping at the Corinth Canal.
Accommodation in Nafplio
- Agamemnon Hotel: Located in the old town of Nafplion, opposite the Bourdzi fortress. Double room, some with a balcony overlooking the sea from €55, breakfast included. Most: the location, the view, the warm welcome.
- Amymone and Adiandi Hotel: Located 5 minutes from the beach, in the old town. Elegant and tastefully decorated double room from €75, breakfast included. Most: the delicious breakfast, the location on a pedestrian street, the original and nice decor. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio in Nafplion!
- Amalia Nafplio Hotel: Located on the outskirts of the city, about 2 km from the center. Luxurious and comfortable double room from €110, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the free private parking, the calm, the varied breakfast.
- Nafplia Palace Hotel & Villas: This 5-star hotel welcomes you 5 minutes walk from the beach and 15 minutes walk from the center. The establishment offers spacious and modern rooms with balcony overlooking the fort and the sea from 260€. For the luxury version, you can also sleep in a villa with a private pool from €570. Most: the swimming pool, the view, the quality of the restaurant and the breakfast. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Nafplio!
Day 6: Fortress of Palamidi / Monemvasia
For the morning, finish visiting Nafplion by going to the Palamidi fortress which dominates the city and allows you to enjoy the panorama of the sea.
Then continue your month-long stay in Greece via Monemvasia, 3 hours away.
This village, built on the sides of cliffs and well hidden behind its surrounding wall can be the subject of a beautiful walk in its cobbled streets. You can also see its church, a cathedral and the fortress at the top of the hill. It is accessible by a path from the bottom of the village.
Join Mistra for the night. 1h30 journey by car.
Accommodation in Mistra
- Byzantion Hotel : Located next to the main square of Mistra. Comfortable room with a view of the archaeological site from €55, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the view, the private car park.
- Mazaraki Guesthouse: Located very close to the Mistra site in the heart of nature. Spacious and warm suite with balcony from €115, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the setting, the neat decor, the breakfast served in the room.
- Arxontiko Taygeti: This guest house is located just 5 km from the city center of Mistras. Duplex suite with kitchenette, lounge area and balcony with view of the mountains and the Mistra site from €160, breakfast included. Most: the calm, the excellent welcome, the environment, the fridge filled for breakfast.
- Mystras Grand Palace Resort: This 5-star hotel is located 5 minutes from Mistra by car. The brand new establishment offers rooms with stone walls and exposed beams with terrace, from €180, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the jacuzzi, the sauna, the comfort of the rooms, the tranquillity. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Mistra.
Day 7: Mistra / Olympia
For the fourth stage of your 30-day Greece itinerary, the morning will be devoted to visiting Mistra.
Former capital of the Byzantine Empire, the site includes several churches, monasteries and convents as well as a fortress. The place is vast, plan about 3 hours of visit.
It is for me, one of the most places to see in the Peloponnese!
Then embark on a 2-hour drive to Olympia where you can visit the museum and the archaeological site in the late afternoon.
Also not to be missed is the historical museum of the Olympic Games, whose entrance is included in the ticket for Olympia.
Accommodation in Olympia
- Leonidaion Guesthouse: Located 10 minutes walk from the site of Olympia. Spacious and comfortable double room from €55 per night, breakfast included. Most: free private parking, walking access to the site, location in a street above the main so quiet. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio in Olympia!
- Amalia Hotel Olympia: Located at the entrance to the city. Spacious and bright room with bay window and balcony or terrace from €80, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the very good and varied breakfast, the welcoming staff, fruit basket and water offered.
- Arty Grand Hotel: Located on top of a hill overlooking the city. This 5-star hotel offers modern double rooms with lounge area and balcony from €95 per night, breakfast included. Most: the huge outdoor pool, the indoor pool, the setting. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Olympia.
Day 8: Delphi
Continuation of this 1-month Greece. Today, leave the Peloponnese to travel to Delphi.
It takes at least 3h15 by road from Olympia, but fortunately the journey is nice, and you can make stops in Nafpaktos and Galadixi.
Arrived at Delphi, on the place where the Pythia delivered its famous oracles, you can visit the archaeological site and the museum.
To do rather at the end of the day, the brightness is ideal for taking beautiful photos!
Accommodation in Delphi
- Fedriades Delphi Hotel: Located 10 minutes walk from the ancient site of Delphi. Modern and warm double room with balcony from €55, breakfast at €8. Most: the panoramic view, the quality of the bedding, the warm welcome.
- Kastalia Boutique Hotel: Located just 5 minutes from the city of Delphi. Spacious and modern double room from €62, breakfast included. Most: the terrace for breakfast, the excellent welcome, the location. It is our favorite for its price / performance ratio in Delphi.
- Nidimos Hotel: Located 1 km from the archaeological site. Bright and comfortable double room with balcony from €65, breakfast €10. Most: the rich and varied breakfast, the free parking under the hotel, the beautiful view.
- Amalia Hotel Delphi : Located 800 meters from the archaeological site. Modern and bright double room with large bay windows offering a view of the sea from €90, breakfast included. Most: the large swimming pool, the view, the setting.
Day 9: Meteora
We continue this one-month circuit in Greece with another incredible place to visit: Meteora.
Better to leave early in the morning from Delphi to make the 3 hour trip, and to have time to visit in the afternoon.
Stop in Kalambaka for lunch and take the opportunity to stop by the tourist office to get the map of Meteora.
Then nothing complicated, you just have to follow the road to come across the various monasteries perched at the top of Meteora. The site is truly unique and splendid!
Tips for your Greece itinerary:
The 6 monasteries can be visited at a cost of 3€ per entry, but if you have to choose only one, I recommend that of the Great Meteor, the most impressive!
Accommodation in Meteora
- Pyrgos Adrachti: Located in the village of Kastraki, 5 minutes drive from the monasteries. Double room with a view of Meteora from €60, breakfast €7.50. Most: the magnificent view, the calm, the hearty breakfast.
- Meteora Hotel at Kastraki: Located in Kastraki. Modern and bright double room from €80 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the location in the countryside, the spectacular view. It is the ideal hotel where to rest during your 1 month stay in Greece.
- Hotel Meteoritis: Located in Kastraki. Spacious and comfortable double room with balcony overlooking Meteora, from €125, breakfast included. Most: the situation, the pleasant staff, the private car park.
Day 10-12: Thessaloniki
For this stage of your 1 month stay in Greece, I suggest you go to Thessaloniki for the next 3 nights.
Things to see and do in Thessaloniki:
- The White Tower
- The waterfront
- Archaeological sites: Ancient Agora, Arc de Galère, Rotonde de Galère, Palais de Galère.
- The many museums
- The churches
- Ana Poli, the old town district
- The steps
- Going out at night
Once you have explored the city, in 1 or 2 days depending on your preference, you can also do some cool excursions around:
- If you are not tired of archaeological sites, go see Pella and Vergina, 2 ancient capitals of Macedonia.
- If you want to relax, opt for a day in the peninsula of Chalkidiki, on one of the most beautiful beaches around Thessaloniki.
- You can also embark on a cruise to discover the islands of the Peninsula and swim.
- Last option: another cruise, but this time to Mount Athos.
At the end of the day or the next day, return your rental car to Thessaloniki airport and fly away for the 2nd part of this itinerary: the Cyclades!
Accommodation in Thessaloniki
- Stay Hybrid Hostel: Youth hostel located near the districts of Ladadika and Valaoritou. Bed in dormitory from only €10! The pluses: the price, the modernity, the ideal location for going out in the evening, the rooftop.
- Plaza Hotel, Philian Hotels and Resorts: Located in the Ladadika district, just 50 meters from the seafront. Cozy double room with comfortable bedding from €60 per night, breakfast included. Most: the location to visit Thessaloniki on foot, the varied breakfast, the welcome of the staff. Our favorite for its unbeatable price/performance ratio!
- Astoria: Located 300 meters from the port and 500 meters from the Modiano market. Double room with some with a balcony from €100 per night, breakfast at €10. Most: the geographical location, the good breakfast, the pleasant staff.
- Electra Palace Thessaloniki: This 5-star hotel is located on Aristotelous Square, in the heart of the city. The establishment offers classically decorated rooms with wooden furniture from €200 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool and the restaurant on the roof with panoramic view, the location in the city center, the services. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Thessaloniki!
Day 13-15: Santorini
Visiting Greece in 1 month means having time to discover some of the Cyclades islands, and what better than to start with the most famous: Santorini!
Here is your program to go around the island:
- First day: visit of Fira and Oia, the 2 most representative villages with their white and blue houses perched on top of the caldera. You can even go from one to the other on foot via a superb hike.
- Second day: boat trip to Néa Kaméni volcano and hot springs. To reserve imperatively in advance here!
- Third day: road trip to visit the other villages, the archaeological sites of Akrotiri and Ancient Thera and relax on one of the beaches: Red Beach, Black Beach…
I explained everything in detail in this article: Visit Santorini in 3 days.
Accommodation in Santorini
Top hotels in Oia
- Aethrio Aparthotel: Located in Oia, just a few steps from the main square. Double room, studios or apartments with balcony for the most part, from €160, breakfast included. Most: the large swimming pool, the spacious rooms, the roof terrace to admire the sunset. It is one of the cheapest establishments in Oia and its price/performance ratio is excellent!
- Caldera Premium Villas: Located in the center of Oia. The establishment offers troglodyte suites with sea and caldera views from €290 per night, breakfast included. Most: the pool, the decor, the view, the location.
- Theodora Suites Apartment: Located in the heart of Oia. Studio with kitchenette, fridge, private terrace and outdoor or indoor jacuzzi from €350, breakfast included. Most: the jacuzzi, the breathtaking view, the friendliness of the staff.
- Andronis Boutique Hotel: 5 star hotel located in Oia. You will be welcomed in suites with a view of the Caldera, private balcony and jacuzzi or private swimming pool, from 800€, breakfast included. Most: the idyllic setting, the calm. This is our recommendation for a romantic month-long trip to Greece!
- Katikies Hotel – The Leading Hotels of the World: Luxury hotel in Oia, the establishment offers rooms and suites with views and spa baths from €1,000, breakfast included. The pluses: the swimming pools, the jacuzzis, the splendid view, the catering. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Santorini!
Top hotels in Fira
- Galatia Villas: Located 10 minutes from Fira town center. Fairly basic but pleasant double room from 80€ per night. Most: the jacuzzi on the roof, the warm welcome, the price/performance ratio for Santorini.
- Lilium Santorini Villa: Located at the edge of the caldera. Elegant and modern room with sea view from €315, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the exceptional location, the warm welcome.
- Cosmopolitan Suites – Small Luxury Hotels of the World: Located in the heart of Fira. Charming room decorated in the style of the Cyclades with private balcony from 550€, breakfast included. The pluses: the infinity pool overlooking the cliff, the services of a luxury hotel. This is the perfect hotel for a romantic getaway in Santorini.
- Aria Suites: Located in Fira, this high standard hotel offers only 6 luxury suites and villas fully equipped with CD player, DVD and laptop, from 700€. Most: the beautiful location, the pool, the availability of staff. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay with complete privacy in Fira!
The other best accommodations on the island of Santorini
- Memories Beach Hotel: Located next to Monolithos beach. Comfortable and modern room from €65 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the calm, the lovely staff.
- Rose Suites: Located in Vourvoulos, 4 km from Fira. Very well equipped and tastefully decorated studios and apartments, furnished with kitchenette and private terrace from €75 per night. Most: the swimming pool, the calm, the equipment, the decor, the fridge filled with everything you need for breakfast. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio!
- Hippocampus Hotel: Located in Kamari, 50 meters from the beach. Room with balcony overlooking the pool or garden from €85 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the proximity to the beach, the setting and the friendly staff.
- Meltemi Village Hotel: Located in Perissa, 5 minutes from the black beach. Rooms and suites with jacuzzi from €100 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pools, the fitness center, the good breakfast. An excellent choice where to sleep by the sea during your month-long stay in Greece.
Day 16-18: Amorgos (3 days)
Continuation of this itinerary in Greece for a month by an island less frequented than Santorini: Amorgos.
To reach it, you have to take the ferry.
Pay attention to the port of arrival and departure, there are 2 on the island: Katapola and Aegiali.
On the first day, here are the places to see:
- The capital Hora and its mills
- The Monastery of Panagia Hozoviotissa
- The cove of Agia Ana, near the monastery
- Kalotaritissa, for a swimming break. Before or after, go see the wreck of the Big Blue.
The following 2 days, take advantage of the many hiking trails of Amorgos to explore the island on foot. Several of them also allow you to go through creeks, ideal for swimming.
The trails are listed on the official Amorgos website.
My detailed explanation of things to do in Amorgos can be found here: What to do in Amorgos?
Accommodation in Amorgos
To visit Amorgos, I advise you to sleep in one of the 2 main towns: Katapola or Aegiali. I recommend you choose between the 2 depending on your departure port when you leave Amorgos.
To help you, I have prepared a selection of the best hotels to sleep in Amorgos.
The best hotels in Katapola
- Amorgion Hotel: Located 1 km from the port of Katapola and 8 minutes walk from the beach. Double room with private balcony and some views of the Aegean Sea from €50 per night, breakfast €8. Most: the swimming pool, the free private car park, the warm welcome. This is the only hotel with a swimming pool in Katapola!
- Pension Barbara: Located 5 minutes from the beach and right next to the port of Katapola. Studio equipped with sink and fridge and having a balcony from 55€. Most: cleanliness, calm, very nice owner.
- Diasino Studios Apartment: Located near the port. Modern and recent studio or apartment with terrace or balcony from €60, breakfast €5. Most: the calm, the situation, all the restaurants nearby. It is our favorite for its price/performance ratio.
- Hotel Landeris: Located 3 minutes from the beach and a few meters from the port. Rustic style room, studio or apartment with wooden furniture, from €60, breakfast included. The pluses: the friendly owners who speak perfect French, the delicious breakfast, the good advice.
- Hotel Minoa: Located 100 meters from the beach and next to the port. Bright and spacious room with balcony from €80 per night, breakfast included. Most: the friendliness of the staff, the exceptional breakfast.
Best hotels in Aegiali
- Pelagos: Located 3 minutes from the beach and 100 meters from the port of Aegiali. Double room with balcony overlooking the sea from €35, breakfast €5. Most: the view, the reception at the boat, the hearty breakfast.
- Aelia Studios Apartment: Located right by the beach. Modern and warm studio with kitchenette with oven and hotplates from €60 per night. Most: the decoration, the charm of the establishment, the location. It is our favorite for its price-performance ratio in Aegiali.
- Vigla Hotel: Located 10 minutes from the beach, in the village above Aegiali, in Tholaria. Modern, bright and spacious room from €110, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the hearty breakfast, the comfort, the calm, the good restaurant. If you are looking for a nice hotel with a swimming pool to sleep in Amorgos, the Vigla is an excellent choice!
- Aegialis Hotel & Spa: Located on the heights of Aegiali. This 5-star hotel (the only one on the island) offers comfortable rooms with balcony from €140 per night. Most: the huge swimming pool, the magnificent view of Aegiali and the sea, the Spa, the tranquility of the place.
Day 19-21: Naxos
Another stage of this month-long trip to Greece, another island of the Cyclades: Naxos.
Same system as before, you will have to get there by ferry.
And since it is the biggest island of the Cyclades, I also recommend that you rent a car.
You want to know which program to follow to not miss anything in Naxos, let’s go!
The first day, discovery of Hora the capital where the Portara is located , the emblem of the island. Then, stroll through the Kastro district, and end of the day on one of the beaches on the west coast.
Second day in Naxos, tour the mountain villages of Halki, Filoti and Apiranthos. There is also a beautiful hike starting from the sources of Aria (near Filoti) and which allows you to climb to the top of Mount Zeus, the highest mountain in the Cyclades.
Spend the afternoon on one of the beaches on the east coast, around Moutsouna.
On the last day, you can take a pleasant cruise around the island with swimming stops. Book right here!
Want to know more about Naxos, read our article: The complete guide to Naxos.
Accommodation in Naxos
The most practical way to visit Naxos is to sleep in Hora or in the surrounding area.
- Anatoli Hotel: Located 10 minutes walk from the center of Naxos and the beach. Modern double room with balcony and view of the garden or swimming pool from €45, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the sauna, the jacuzzi, free transfer from or to the port and the airport.
- The Saint Vlassis: Located 700 meters from the town center and 500 meters from the beach of Agios Georgios. Comfortable and spacious double room with for some an outdoor jacuzzi from 60€ per night, breakfast included. Most: the warm welcome, the good breakfast, the free parking. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio in Naxos.
- Xenia Hotel: Located in the center of Naxos. Modern and well-equipped double room from €70, breakfast at €8. Most: the location in the heart of the city, convenient for taking the ferry, the friendliness of the staff, the comfortable bed.
- Hotel Grotta: Located just 700 meters from the Portara and 15 minutes from the beach. Pleasant and bright double room with balcony from €90, breakfast included. The pluses: the swimming pool, the view of the city, the comfort, the breakfast with local and homemade products, the Spa area. An excellent choice where to sleep in Naxos as a couple.
- Nissaki Beach Hotel: Located on the edge of Agios Georgios beach, the closest to Naxos. Warm and tastefully decorated double room with balcony, from €220 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the geographical location next to the beach, the excellent breakfast, the professional person. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Naxos.
Day 22-24: Paros
Last island of the Cyclades that I suggest you visit during your one-month tour in Greece: Paros.
As you will have understood, from Naxos to Paros, it is still a ferry trip that awaits you (only 40 minutes!).
On the first day, you can focus on the North of the island to discover:
- La capitale Parikia
- Paros Park, where you can take a walk of about 2 hours along 3 marked trails and finish with a swim on the adjoining beach
- Naoussa, a trendy seaside resort on the island with its chic boutiques and numerous restaurants
- The beaches of Siparos Beach, Stefano Beach, Lageri Beach, Santa Maria Beach or Kolymbithres. Choose one and enjoy!
The second day, we tackle the southern part!
- Visit to 3 picturesque villages: Lefkes, Podromos and Marpissa
- Lunch at the port of Pisso Livadi
- Afternoon on one of the nearby beaches: Golden Beach, Logaras, Fagaras…
Third and last day, opt for a cruise around Paros and Antiparos. Or, you can also drive to Antiparos by taking the ferry from Pounda village.
All the things to do in Paros are in our article: Paros itinerary and top things to do.
Accommodation in Paros
In Paros, accommodation is mainly concentrated around Parikia (convenient because this is where the ferries arrive and depart) or Naoussa, the island’s main seaside resort.
I have therefore prepared a selection of the best accommodation for you to sleep in Paros according to these 2 cities.
The best hotels in Parikia
- Margarita: Located 300 meters from the Basilica of Parikia and 400 meters from the beach. Double room with balcony from €37. Most: the kindness and the advice of the managers, the warm atmosphere.
- Nostos Studios Apartment: Located 1 minute walk from the beach and 1 km from the port. Studio that can accommodate up to people and with a view of the sea from 70€. Most: the roof terrace to admire the sunset, the family hotel, the warm welcome.
- Sunset View Hotel : Located less than 10 minutes walk from the port. Comfortable room with balcony overlooking the sea from €80, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the free shuttle from or to the port, the free private car park. It is our favorite for its price / performance ratio in Paros.
- Akrotiri Hotel: Located 2 km from the port of Parikia. Clean and comfortable double room with sea view from €100 per night, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the view, the good breakfast, the caring staff.
The best hotels in Naoussa
- Surfing Beach Village Paros: Located directly on the beach of Santa Maria, 5 minutes drive from Naoussa. Very nice bungalow in the Cycladic style from 30€ per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the swimming pool, the free transfer to the port, the setting, the free deckchairs on the beach.
- Hotel Senia: Located 200 meters from the center of Naoussa, by the sea. Room and suite with private balcony and stunning views from €105, breakfast included. The pluses: the 2 swimming pools, the free parking, the very good breakfast. It is our favorite for its performance / price ratio.
- Paliomylos Spa Hotel: Located 800 meters from Naoussa. Spacious and bright double room from €110 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the swimming pool, the Spa and the massages, the decor, the full and varied breakfast.
- Villa Bellonia: 12 minutes from the beach and 1 km from Naoussa. Tastefully decorated room with private balcony or terrace from €120, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the comfort, the excellent breakfast. The best choice for a romantic getaway on Paros Island!
- Saint Andrea Resort Hotel: 1.5 km from Naoussa, the hotel offers luxurious accommodation with private covered terrace and garden or sea view from 200€ per night. Most: the location facing the sea, the pleasant staff, the large swimming pool. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Paros.
Day 25-28: Rhodes (4 days or more)
After several days of exploring mainland Greece and the Cyclades, I now suggest that you end your one-month stay in Greece with another part of Greece: the Dodecanese.
And for that, I take you to discover the island of Rhodes.
From Paros, and to reach Rhodes, you can either return to Santorini or return directly to Athens. From these 2 cities, you can then take a flight to Rhodes.
In 4 days in Rhodes, you will have time to go around and see all the main places of interest, but you can of course choose to stay there for a week to enjoy the beaches and finish your trip to Greece in relaxation mode.
What to do and see on the island of Rhodes?
- The medieval city of Rhodes, it is one of the most impressive fortified towns I have seen!
- Mandraki, the modern part of the city
- The Acropolis of Rhodes
- Lindos and its acropolis
- At the Saint-Paul bath
- The monastery of Tsambika and the beach of the same name
- Epta Piges
- The Valley of the Butterflies
- The ancient site of Kamiros
- The castles of Kritinia and Monolithos
- The beaches
Day trips are also organized to discover the other islands of the Dodecanese from Rhodes. The most famous is the one that takes you to the island of Symi.
I talk to you in detail about all these places to see in the article specially dedicated to the island of Rhodes: Our complete guide to visit Rhodes!
Accommodation in Rhodes
During your stay in Rhodes, I recommend that you either stay in the medieval city or its surroundings, or if you prefer the large hotel complexes on the beach, on the Faliraki side and on the east coast of the island.
Based on these 2 places, I have made a selection of the best hotels to sleep in Rhodes.
The best hotels in Rhodes Town
- Hotel Angela Suites & Lobby: Located in the heart of Rhodes Town, 600 meters from the Palace of the Grand Masters. Double room with modern and recent decoration from €60 per night, breakfast included. Most: the outdoor swimming pool, the location, the tranquility.
- Ibiscus Hotel: Located just 200 meters from the aquarium and 1 km from the old town. Spacious and bright double room from €90, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the location on the seafront, the good breakfast.
- Bellevue Suites: Located 15 minutes from the medieval city. Double room with large bay windows and sea view from €180, breakfast included. Most: the swimming pool, the attentive staff, the rich and varied breakfast.
- Rodos Park Suites & Spa: This 5-star hotel is a 5-minute walk from the entrance to the medieval town. Spacious and comfortable double room with balcony overlooking the garden or the city from €210, breakfast included. The pluses: the swimming pool, the garden, the Spa, the setting. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Rhodes.
The best hotels on the east coast of Rhodes
- Dias Studios Aparthotel: Located 10 minutes walk from the beach and the center of Faliraki. Studio with kitchenette and balcony from €40, breakfast included. Most: the atmosphere, the cleanliness, the family hotel.
- La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex: 4 minutes from the beach and set in a 12 hectare park. This 5-star hotel offers double rooms with a lounge area and a view of the garden from €100, breakfast included. The pluses: the 6 outdoor and 1 indoor swimming pools, the exteriors, the superb decoration of the rooms. It is our favorite for its price / performance ratio in Rhodes.
- Esperos Village Blue & Spa – Adults Only: This luxurious resort is located in the resort town of Faliraki. Bright and spacious room with sea view from €150, breakfast included. The pluses: the free shuttle service to get around the complex, the tennis courts, the access reserved for adults and therefore the calm. This is the ideal 5-star hotel where to sleep in Rhodes as a couple!
- Elysium Resort & Spa: Located in Kallithea, by the sea. The spacious and elegant rooms open onto the sea. From €180, breakfast included. The pluses: the lagoon-style swimming pool, the 800 m² Spa, the gourmet restaurant, the private beach, the fabulous breakfast.
- Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa: 5 star establishment in Faliraki. Double room decorated with great taste and sea view from 270€ all inclusive. The pluses: the indoor and outdoor swimming pools, the quality catering, the private beach, the infrastructures. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay at a resort in Rhodes.
Do you have questions to organize your 1 month itinerary in Greece? Ask them in the comments!
Are you going to Greece? Read also
Discover all our articles on Greece: all articles on Greece are listed here.
- Itinerary: 3 or 4 days in Greece – Guide to visit Athens, Peloponnese and Delphi!
- Itinerary: 6, 7 or 8 days in Greece – The guide to visiting Athens and the Peloponnese in one week
- Itinerary: 4-5 days in Crete – Itinerary to prepare a short stay in East or West Crete
- Itinerary: A week in Crete – The perfect itinerary to visit West Crete
- Itinerary: 7 days in Crete – The itinerary to visit East Crete in 1 week
- 3 Days in Athens: Itinerary with Top 18 Things to Do
- 3 Days in Santorini – The best 72h itinerary on the island!
- Paros: Top 10 things to do and see