Visit Mallorca in 4-5 days
It is a very good choice!
To help you plan your stay, I have prepared an itinerary for you to visit Majorca in 4-5 days and discover the unmissable places of interest of this charming island located in the Balearic Islands.
I give you my list of places and the most beautiful beaches to see every day as well as the best hotels to sleep in Mallorca.
With my advice and tips, you will be able to make the most of your trip to Mallorca.
So what to do and see in Mallorca in 4 or 5 days?
What to do and see in Mallorca in 4 or 5 days?
Mallorca has only one airport and a main port located east of Palma de Mallorca, in the south of the island.
Whether you take the plane or the boat, for this 4-5 day tour in Mallorca, you will therefore arrive in Palma. You can compare flight prices at the end of this article, in the section “Fly to Mallorca”.
To carry out the program that I have planned for you, the most practical thing is to rent a car, but you can also choose organized excursions with transport included.
Day 1: Palma de Mallorca
To visit Palma de Mallorca in 1 day, I recommend that you start with the Olivar covered market. It is a mainly food market offering good local products such as cheeses and cold cuts, including the famous sobrassade, a kind of spicy dry sausage, originating from the Balearic Islands.
Leaving the market, you will be in the historic center where you can stroll through the shopping streets and pass through typical squares. You can follow the following route on foot: Carrer Sant Miquel / Plaça Mayor / Carrer del Colom / Plaça Cort / Plaça Santa Eulalia.
Then go up to the cathedral, which is the monument to visit absolutely during this 4 or 5 day stay in Majorca. This one of the largest religious buildings in Spain has superb facades and a majestic interior with the largest Gothic rose window in the world.
The cathedral being the must visit in Palma, there is very often a long queue. To avoid queuing, I advise you to book your ticket in advance.
Opposite the cathedral is the other emblematic place of the city to visit: the Royal Palace of Almudaina. Inside the palace, you can discover the royal apartments, the hall and the chapel. The place is well preserved but it must be admitted that it is quite empty.
Then take the stairs down to the Parc de la Mar, a large expanse of water, from where you can take the most beautiful photos of the cathedral and the royal palace.
You then return to the old town to do some shopping and see (depending on your interests):
- The Majorca Museum on the history of the island
- The Arab baths, the only vestige of the Muslim occupation of Majorca
- The Basilica of Saint-François which houses a beautiful Gothic cloister.
At the end of the afternoon, I recommend a great activity: a boat trip. And not on just any boat since it is a beautiful catamaran!
Leaving at the end of the day also allows you to enjoy a superb sunset over the entire bay of Palma while enjoying a hearty buffet on board.
Spend the first night in Palma (you have my hotel recommendations a little further down in the article).
Tips for you Mallorca itinerary:
To discover the history of Palma de Mallorca and its buildings, I advise you to opt for a guided tour. There are several types offered (click on the orange links for details):
- Walking tour of the old town + guided tour of the cathedral – French speaking official guide – Duration: 90 minutes
- Private Guided Tour of Palma Old Town
- Private Guided Night Tour
- 1 hour guided Segway tour (French guide) or 2 hour guided Segway tour
- Bike tour of the old town with a guide, in a small group – Duration: 3 hours
Day 2: The beaches and coves of southern Mallorca
For the second day of this 4-5 day Mallorca itinerary , you will discover some of the most beautiful beaches in the south of the island.
Head first to Cape Ses Salines, 1 hour from Palma. There is no “real” car park here, but you can leave your car on the side of the road just before arriving at the lighthouse at the end of the cape.
You will then have to continue on foot for 20 minutes on the path that starts to the right of the lighthouse and runs along the seaside. You will then arrive at the pretty, totally wild beach of El Caragol. The place is not very touristy and you will therefore be quiet there to swim.
And if it’s a bit crowded, you can continue a little further (another 20 minutes on foot) to reach the cove of Cala en Tugores.
Remember to bring water and something to eat if you want to spend some time there because there is no infrastructure.
Then take your car back to Colonia de Sant Jordi, a small seaside resort famous for hosting Trenc beach, which ranks in all the tops of the most beautiful beaches in Mallorca.
And it must be said that with its fine sand and turquoise water, the postcard image is there! If you have decided to go 4-5 days Mallorca itinerary with children, the access is more convenient than the beaches of Ses Salines and the shallow water, so it is an excellent choice.
If you haven’t had your share of beautiful beaches for the day, still in Colonia de Sant Jordi, I also recommend that you go relax on the beaches of Des Dolç, Can Curt, Es Carbo and Ses Roquetes. They are located in line with each other.
Spend a second night in Palma de Mallorca.
Tips for you Mallorca itinerary:
If you have not rented a car for this 4-5 day trip to Mallorca, unfortunately you will not be able to get to Cap de Ses Salines as there are no buses.
On the other hand, you can go to Colonia de Sant Jordi.
All you have to do is take public transport or even better book your transfer from Palma to Les Trenc beach. This shuttle runs during the tourist season and can be reserved by clicking on the link here!
Day 3: Discovery of the South-East of Majorca (Sineu, the caves and the beaches)
On the third day of this 5 days Mallorca itinerary, I invite you to discover the largest market on the island which is held every Wednesday morning* in the village of Sineu, 40 minutes from Palma by car.
*If this third day does not fall on a Wednesday, you can of course reverse with any of the other days.
The market, which is spread around the main square, mainly offers stalls selling clothes, bags and jewelry, some local crafts and a small fruit and vegetable market, which is located near the church.
Spend as much time as you want in Sineu then get back in the car and continue further east to Porto Cristo. It is in this town that are the 2 most famous caves to see in Mallorca in 4-5 days: the caves of Drach and the caves of Hams.
They are very similar because they both house an underground lake where you can attend a small concert on the water and rooms with many stalactites and stalagmites. It’s up to you which one you want to do.
To visit the Coves del Drach, you can click here.
For the Coves dels Hams, I recommend that you book your tickets in advance directly online.
If you do not have a car, I advise you to book this excursion with transport included from Palma which includes the visit of Porto Cristo and the 2 caves.
Tips for you Mallorca itinerary:
On the road between Sineu and Porto Cristo, tennis fans can stop at Manacor where the Rafa Nadal Museum Experience is located . As its name suggests, it is dedicated to the world tennis star who was born in this village.
After the market of Sineu and the visit of the caves which will have occupied you for the morning, for the program of the afternoon, I give you the choice.
If you want to walk a bit and discover less touristy corners of the island, you can do the 4 creeks hike, which starts 15 minutes south of Porto Cristo. You have a small car park at Finca Can Roig.
The path first passes through Cala Bota, which it is not necessarily very useful to go and see because it is really very ordinary (pebble and fairly deep water quickly). I therefore recommend that you go directly to Cala Virgili, which I found the prettiest of the 4.
From Cala Virgili, it is possible to take the main path or go through the rocks along the seaside (this is the option I have chosen). You will thus arrive at the third cove: Cala Pilota.
From there, going back on the path, you will reach the largest of the 4 coves: Cala Magraner.
I found the place rather pleasant but you shouldn’t expect to see the most beautiful coves on the island. But for a swimming break in the crystal clear water and a quiet stroll in a place far from any construction, it’s quite nice.
Another option: if you prefer to spend the afternoon at the beach in relaxation mode and rent deckchairs/umbrellas, I suggest you go to Cala d’Or instead. This seaside resort is home to several coves that look like fjords.
You have in particular: Cala Esmeralda, Cala Gran, Cala Petita and Calo d’es Pou.
In Cala d’Or you will also find shops and restaurants if you feel like spending the evening there before returning to your hotel in Palma.
Day 4: Relaxation and swimming in the most beautiful coves of Mallorca
For the fourth day of this 4-5 day itinerary in Mallorca, don’t forget your swimsuit and sunscreen as you set off to bask in the most famous coves in the south of the island.
We start in style with the most famous of all the coves (you will see it on many postcards!), the Calo del Moro. After only 10 minutes of walking, you will discover a superb expanse of shallow turquoise water bordered by rocks. You have to admit that the setting is magnificent and that you will have only one desire: to jump into the water!
Just after Calo del Moro, a 5-minute walk away, you can also see Cala s’Almunia and its small fishermen’s houses.
If you get back in your car, north of Calo del Moro, I also really liked Cala Llombards and Cala Santanyi, which are more family-friendly beaches.
If you’re feeling peckish, for lunch I suggest you go to Cala Figueras, a small fishing port where you can eat in one of the waterside restaurants.
For the afternoon, for the rest of your 4-5 day Majorca itinerary, I suggest you continue by discovering the splendid coves by going for a walk in the Mondrago natural park.
Allow 15 minutes by car from Cala Figueras to go to Mondrago. Parking costs €6/day.
Park your vehicle and continue on foot through the pine forest to reach the superb sandy beach with translucent water of S’Aramador. But before running into the water and getting comfortable, I advise you to continue a little further to see the 2 other creeks in the park:
- La Cala Mondrago, where you will find the color of the turquoise water! Count only 5 minutes on foot from S’Aramador
- La Calo des Borgit: to reach this tiny cove, take the shaded path that runs along the seaside for 15 minutes from Mondrago.
Now that you have seen the 3 coves, you can choose which is your favorite for a relaxing afternoon.
Return to Palma at the end of the day.
Tips for you Mallorca itinerary:
For those who like nautical and sporting activities, I recommend the jet ski excursion that takes place in Mondrago Park.
Day 5: Surroundings of Palma de Mallorca
For the last day of your 4-5 day Mallorca itinerary, you have several options.
1) Discover the South West of Majorca.
For example, you can go to the island of Sa Dragonera, a natural park where you can walk on 4 different hiking trails lasting from 30 minutes to 3 hours round trip. They allow you to admire beautiful panoramas over the whole island.
For the little anecdote, know that the island takes its name from the thousands of lizards that inhabit it (“Dragonera” which can be interpreted as “little dragons”). They are not shy at all and will try to sneak into your backpacks. If you are afraid of these small reptiles, it may be best to avoid.
To go to Sa Dragonera you have to go to the village of Sant Elm where a boat will take you to the island in 20 minutes. On the other hand, you have to go there early enough or book your place in advance because access to the island, classified as a natural area, is limited to a certain number of people each day.
After Dragonera, to continue exploring the South West of the island during your 4 or 5 day trip to Mallorca, you can go through Magaluf, the young and trendy seaside resort with a long sandy beach, then through Portals We where is the harbor of yachts and luxury shops.
You will then arrive at Cala Major where art lovers can visit the Pilar and Joan Miro Foundation which is located in the former house of the painter and sculptor. Tickets are on sale by clicking here!
Finally, just before arriving in Palma, I advise you to visit Bellver Castle, which has the particularity of presenting a circular architecture. Inside is the Palma History Museum.
2) 4-5 day itinerary in Mallorca with the family
If you are on vacation with your children, I am sure you will make them happy by taking them to spend the day in the largest water park on the island: Aqualand El Arenal.
Swimming pool, water slides, tubing descents, there is something to keep everyone busy, young and old alike.
Still looking for ideas of activities to do in Majorca in 4-5 days with children, I also advise you to visit the Palm a aquarium (skip the line tickets on sale here) or take a tree climbing course ( reservations here for the Forest Park! ).
3) Other activities for a 4 or 5 day road trip in Mallorca
If you want to add other activities, I have selected some really nice ones to finish visiting Mallorca in 4-5 days in style. Do not hesitate to click on the links to access the details and make your reservations:
- Off-Road Quad Tour – This is my favorite activity on this list! The course is really great since you take dirt trails and the guide is at the top!
- Buggy outing with a French-speaking instructor.
- Sports car excursion 2h30 in the afternoon or 4h30 in the morning – French guide.
- Sailboat cruise + barbecue included
- Boat trip around sea caves and cliffs + 2 stops to swim in secluded coves
- Boat trip in the Bay of Palma + swimming stop in turquoise water
- 1-hour boat trip around Palma Marina to admire views of the Cathedral and Bellver Castle
- Speedboat excursion – Sensations guaranteed!
- Morning or afternoon boat party
- Boat party of 2h30 at sunset to end in beauty this holiday in Mallorca of 4-5 days
- Boat party at night with departure from Palma at 10 p.m.
- A one-hour jet ski tour in the protected area of Los Deltas
- Jet ski trip in the bay of Palma
- Snorkeling in a nature reserve
- Initiation to scuba diving in a nature reserve – English-speaking instructor and in small groups!
- A kayak excursion to visit the sea caves
- You coasteering
- Marine caving to explore underground lakes
- Canyoning (activity that is practiced only from October to the end of March because otherwise there is no water)
- Parasailing in the Bay of Palma
- A towed buoy session
- A paddle boarding trip at sunset
Now you know where to go in Mallorca in 4-5 days! Spend one last night in Palma de Mallorca.
Tips for you Mallorca itinerary:
If you only have 4 days in Mallorca, just remove any day from this itinerary.
Accommodation in Palma de Mallorca
Here is my selection of the best accommodations to sleep in Palma de Mallorca according to your budget.
Do not hesitate to click on the name in orange of any hotel to access information and make your reservation.
And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to ask me for advice in the comments by telling me your dates of stay and your criteria. I will help you find the perfect hotel!
- The Boc Hostels – City Albergue Juvenil: Hostel located 400 meters from the historic center of Palma and C’an Pere Antoni beach. Bed in dormitory from 40€ per night. Most: the swimming pool on the roof, the cleanliness, the kitchen area. An excellent choice for cheap accommodation in Palma de Mallorca.
- Nou Baleares: located 10 minutes walk from Plaça Major. Tastefully decorated double room from €110, breakfast included. Most: the location in the city center, the comfort of the beds, rooftop with swimming pool. It is our favorite for its price/performance ratio in Palma!
- Isla Mallorca & Spa: located in the Bay of Palma. Spacious double room with balcony from €150, breakfast included. Most: spa and wellness center, pleasant pool area, varied breakfast.
- Hotel Saratoga: located next to the Es Baluard museum. Modern and spacious double room from €180 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the swimming pool on the roof and its view of the cathedral, the perfect location for visiting Palma de Mallorca on foot, the generous breakfast buffet.
- Protur Naisa Palma Hotel: located 5 minutes walk from the old town. Beautiful contemporary and chic room from 220€, breakfast included. Most: the equipment (rooftop, swimming pool, spa), the design, the excellent breakfast.
In the category of the most beautiful 5* hotels in Palma de Mallorca, I recommend:
- Hotel Victoria Gran Meliá : located just opposite the Port of Palma. Double room from €270, breakfast at €29. Most: the geographical location, the view of the sea, the friendliness of the staff.
- Nixe Palace: located right next to the beach of Cala Major, this 5* hotel offers cozy double rooms with balcony and sea view from €300 per night, breakfast at €24. The pluses: the setting with the breathtaking view of the sea, the good breakfast, the direct access to the beach. This is our recommendation for an upscale stay in Palma!
- Hotel Antigua Palma – Casa Noble: This superb luxury hotel is located in the heart of the old town, just 100 meters from the cathedral. You will stay in sumptuous, elegantly decorated rooms, from €450 per night, breakfast included. The pluses: the Spa with hammam and indoor swimming pool, the calm, the caring staff, the rooftop. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in Palma!
Do not hesitate to give us your opinion and suggestions on our 4-5 day itinerary in Mallorca!
Are you going to Mallorca? Read also:
- Itinerary: 10 days in Mallorca – Our recommended itinerary to visit Mallorca in 9-10 days
- Itinerary: 1 week in Mallorca – Our recommended itinerary to visit Mallorca in 6,7 or 8 days