Where to Stay in Verona: Advice on the Best Area
If you are about to visit the city of lovers par excellence, perhaps just to spend a romantic weekend, this short guide which collects advice on the best area to stay in Verona is definitely for you.
Learn more about which neighborhoods have the most beautiful attractions, the most practical areas, the most scenic or the cheapest ones in which to enjoy fantastic value for money.
Also discover the recommended facilities in each neighborhood, which will help you optimize your search time for the best accommodation for you.
Last, but not least, a very easy trick to implement to find the best offers to stay in Verona on your dates.
What do you say, do you mind if we start? So let’s not wait a moment longer.
Where to stay in Verona: advice
The Ancient City is certainly the best place to stay in Verona to visit the city, the Citadel is practical and cheaper, the Veronetta is excellent for enjoying panoramic views and San Zeno is well stocked with apartments that are also suitable for families.
A saving tip:
What I suggest you do to find the best offers for your dates is to connect to this offers page, insert “Verona” in the destination and the period and start the search.
In this way you will be able to see the structures with the best offers and compare the area in which they are located with those indicated below.
Remember that even if you choose an impractical area to visit the city, with the Verona Card (highly recommended due to the many attractions included), you can also use urban public transport (ATV) for free.
1: Ancient City: the best area to stay in Verona to visit the city
The Ancient City encloses the beautiful historic center of Verona: here are the Arena and the vital Piazza delle Erbe, as well as Juliet’s House, the Lamberti Tower, the Duomo Complex and all the main attractions of the city.
You will already have easily guessed why this is the best area to stay in Veronato visit the city.
For a romantic stay, choose a structure with a view of the marvelous Arena di Verona, or with a beautiful whirlpool tub in which to regain energy after visiting the city.
Some streets in the Ancient City are restricted to traffic, so be sure to contact the hotel to book parking or receive information about it.
Alternatively, you can leave your car in the garages located in the Cittadella district and reach the hotel on foot (the distance won’t be much).
Places to stay in the center of Verona:
- Hotel Giulietta e Romeo (from € 106) : located just 50 meters from the Verona Arena, this hotel offers different types of accommodation suitable for all types of travellers.Double rooms, triple rooms and family suites (in a separate building).Staying here, in addition to being in a fantastic position for visiting Verona, you will have the convenience of using the hotel’s private underground parking at an additional cost.
- Residenza Bonifacio: Adults Only (from €145) : for a truly romantic weekend for two, you should check availability at the Residenza Bonifacio.In addition to the central location for visiting the city (just a 5-minute walk from Juliet’s balcony), the hotel offers room service, perfect for letting yourself be pampered as you deserve!
- Verona Suites ( from € 204) : if you want to enjoy maximum privacy but stay in a convenient location for visiting the city, choose one of these Verona Suites apartments located right in front of the arena.The apartments are furnished in a simple and well-finished way, but I suggest you opt for the attic to also enjoy the hydromassage bathtub.
2: Cittadella: where to stay just outside the center (and save money)
The Citadel is the district that is located just before the historic center of Verona.
Choosing to stay here could prove to be a wise choice for several reasons, first of all because the center is easily reachable on foot.
Also here are most of the garages where you can leave your car.
Last, but not least, you will be able to find accommodation with better value for money (without really missing out on anything), staying in a quieter area.
In this district there is also the Museum of Frescoes which also houses the Tomb of Juliet.
Accommodations to stay in the Cittadella district of Verona:
- Aurelia Rooms (from € 70) : perfect for a weekend for couples in which to enjoy good value for money.The rooms are simple but furnished with care.Nearby is the Castelvecchio Museum, while the Arena can be reached in 8 minutes on foot or by public transport. The location is also good for those who reach the city by train.
- Hotel de Capuleti (from € 94) : this hotel of the Best Western chain offers single, double and triple rooms and is in a good position for the center and a short distance from the bullring.The property also has a wellness center with hydromassage pool and sauna.
- Wallace Luxury Home (from € 107) : excellent apartment for both couples and families 700 meters from Piazza Bra, adjacent to the Verona Arena.The apartment consists of 2 bedrooms, one with a double bed and the other with single beds.Here you can leave your car in the private parking and use the kitchen and dining area to enjoy all the comforts as if you were at home.
3: Veronetta: where to stay in Verona for the panoramic views
Veronetta is the district located on the opposite side of the bank of the Adige with respect to the city centre, which is still easily reachable on foot.
Here are the Giusti Garden, the Natural History Museum, the Roman Theater and Castel San Pietro, from which you can enjoy one of the most beautiful views of Verona par excellence.
If you want to find out where to stay in Verona to enjoy beautiful panoramic views, you should look for your accommodation in the surroundings of the Castle.
Alternatively, know that the southern area of the neighborhood is the university area, where you can stay in one of the cheapest accommodations in the city: “The Hostello “.
Lively clubs and informal restaurants are also found here.
Where to stay in Verona to enjoy beautiful views:
- Casa Corvina (from €136) : this property offers charming apartments with breathtaking views over Verona.The penthouse is perfect for couples, the apartment with the large outdoor terrace is wonderful for moments in the open air. The location is also a really good starting point to discover the city.
- Relais Colle San Pietro (from € 210) : particularly suitable for couples looking for accommodation in which to spend a romantic stay, this property offers sensational views to say the least.The rooms are furnished in a refined classic style, but the real highlight is the whirlpool tub with city view in the Queen room.
- Theater Verona Luxury Apartment (from € 293) : another apartment to consider to enjoy beautiful views of Verona is this one.It can accommodate up to 4 adults and has an outdoor terrace with a view of Ponte Pietra.
Have you already chosen where to stay in Verona? Then don’t waste time and save the itinerary that I left in the article dedicated to 2 days itinerary in Verona (with map and tips for saving money).
4: San Zeno: where to stay in Verona for families
The main attraction of this district is certainly the homonymous Basilica of San Zeno.
It develops on the banks of the Adige and, although less touristy, it is a lively neighborhood located a short distance from the city centre.
Inside there is also a beautiful park equipped for practicing different types of sports.
The Castelvecchio Museum can also be reached on foot and Corso Cavour will lead you to the very center of the city.
The area offers a wide choice of apartments, especially suitable for those traveling with the family.
Apartments for families in Verona:
- La Nuova Corte Verona (from € 71) : located just 700 meters from the Castelvecchio Museum, this apartment has parking, a garden, an equipped kitchen and all the necessary comforts to make you feel at home.When booking, you can choose accommodations that can accommodate up to 4 or 5 adults.
- Dimore Verona Residenza Zeno (from € 115) : located near the Basilica of San Zeno, 800 meters from the Castelvecchio Museum.The accommodations can accommodate up to 5 adults and is therefore the perfect solution for a trip with family or a group of friends.You will also find private parking on site.
- Riva San Zeno (from € 157) : this apartment located on the banks of the Adige is perfect for small families and couples.On site you will find a double bedroom and a sofa bed.If you travel by car, you will be issued a pass to park in the blue lines around the hotel.
Remember: to visit Verona nothing is cheaper than the Verona Card.
It has a really affordable cost and all the main attractions are included within it.
5: Borgo Trento: quiet area for a longer stay
Borgo Trento is a residential neighborhood, which also houses a large public park.
It is located across the banks of the Adige from the city center and opposite the Veronetta.
Here is also the Sanctuary of the Madonna di Lourdes, from which you can enjoy wonderful views of Verona.
Personally, I don’t recommend choosing this area for a short stay in Verona because it’s rather inconvenient if you’re short on time.
If, on the other hand, you are looking for a quiet accommodation in which to spend more time, you are in the right place.
Places to stay in Verona:
- Verona Uptown Mood Apartment (from € 165) : located 600 meters from the Castelvecchio Bridge, this apartment has a bedroom and an equipped kitchen.Here you will also find two sofa beds, making the apartment suitable for up to 5 adults.
- Flats4Rent Elisa (from € 197) : also about 600 m from the Castelvecchio Bridge, this apartment consists of 2 bedrooms and can accommodate up to 6 adults.
FAQ: Questions with answers
1: Where to stay in Verona on budget?
San Zeno is a rather cheap district, where you can find apartments that will save you on overnight stays.
Another very valid alternative is the university area in the Veronetta district, where you will also find The Hostello.
2: Which accommodation to choose to be close to the Arena?
You have different possibilities because there are really many structures near the Arena di Verona, some of which overlook the monument.
Among those worthy of note are certainly: Hotel Milano & SPA, Verona Suites and Arena Luxury Suite.
3: What is the best area to stay in Verona?
The best area to stay in Verona is undoubtedly the Ancient City, where the main attractions are located, such as the Verona Arena, Juliet’s House, the Lamberti Tower, Piazza delle Erbe and much more.
With this brief guide I hope I have been able to help you concretely find not only the area, but also the best accommodation in which to stay in Verona based on your personal needs and tastes.
If not, however, feel free to leave a comment with your doubts or requests below the article and I will gladly help you.
Thank you for relying on the advice of It Will Be Why Travel, see you soon.