Why wait for the next vacation to travel? This autumn, enjoy your weekends to discover the most beautiful cities in Europe. If you need inspiration, Bon Advisor has selected for you Top 10 destinations in Europe combining culture, gastronomy, party and much more … What to please all travelers!
Istanbul, the pearl of the Bosphorus
Hyphen between Europe and Asia, Istanbul is a real treasure city just waiting to be explored … Enjoy a weekend to discover the famous Basilica of Saint Sophia, the Blue Mosque, the Topkapi Palace or the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul. You can also enjoy the pleasant Turkish baths, the delicious local gastronomy and the warm Istanbulentertainment .
Istanbul in 5 points:
- Shopping : in the district of Nisantasi, in the commercial center of Cevahir or that of Istinye Park.
- Culture : The Istanbul Museum of Modern Art, the Museum of Ceramics and the Istanbul Archaeological Museums located in the Topkapi Palace.
- Gastronomy : do not miss the delicious kebabs, the pides (Turkish pizzas), cheeses of all kinds, and for dessert the baklava or Turkish delight accompanied by a Turkish coffee.
- Feast : mainly in the Beyoglu district or in the Bosphorus neighborhoods.
- Relaxation : the best hammams in the city are the Kılıç Ali Paşa Hamamı and the Valid Atık Erkeklar Hamamı.
Rome, the Eternal City
Blending past and present brilliantly , Rome is the city of all travelers. From young lovers in search of romance to history and culture buffs, not to mention sports fans or gourmets, everyone finds their way in the beautiful Italian capital. After visiting the most iconic monuments of the city such as the Colosseum, the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain and St. Peter’s Basilica, take some time to stroll through the warm colored lanes and simply enjoy the dolce vita …
Rome in 5 points:
- Shopping : around Piazza di Spagna, Via del Corso or Viale Marconi.
- Culture : the famous Vatican Museums, the Borghese Gallery and the Capitoline Museums.
- Gastronomy : the inevitable pasta and pizzas, white meats, vegetable-based dishes such as the succulent ” carciofo alla giudea”, all washed down with Lazio wines.
- Party : in the student district of San Lorenzo, in Trastevere or Testaccio.
- Relaxation : the relaxation in the Roman is the aperitivo on the terrace: Spritz or Campari and bruschette to fill the stomach!
Lisbon, the city of a thousand colors
Bohemian and beautifully old- fashioned , Lisbon seduces with its small steep streets, pastel-colored houses and sweetness of life. City with a thousand faces , it skilfully mixes sites steeped in history to the latest fashionable places. Enjoy a weekend in the beautiful Portuguese capital to discover the famous Torre de Belém, the Castelo Sao Jorge, the Jeronimos Monastery or the historic district of Chiado.
Lisbon in 5 points:
- Shopping : in Bairro Alto, Chiado and Baixa.
- Culture : the Calouste-Gulbenkian Museum, the Berardo Museum and the Chiado Museum.
- Gastronomy : enjoy grilled sardines, fish soups and the famous pastéis of Belém and queijadas for dessert!
- Party : in Bairro Alto, Cais do Sodré or in Alfama.
- Relaxation : sunbathe on the beautiful beaches of Sintra …
Barcelona, the Ciutat Comtal
Vibrant , the Catalan capital is one of the favorite destinations of the French. Warm , colorful and always lively , we love indeed this amosphere made famous by the excellent film by Cédric Klapisch, L’Auberge Espagnole. If you do not know Barcelona yet , enjoy a weekend to go around the city’s must- sees: Parc Guëll, Sagrada Familia, Barceloneta beach, Boqueria market, La Pedrera or Montjuïc . But do not forget to keep some time to taste the neighborhood life and the Catalan way of life !
Barcelona in 5 points:
- Shopping : on the pedestrian street of the Portal de L’Angel, along the Passeig de Gràcia or in the alleys of Barri Gotic.
- Culture : the Picasso Museum, the National Art Museum of Catalonia or the Museum of Contemporary Art in Barcelona.
- Gastronomy : taste the simple but delicious bread with tomato, charcuterie from the Pyrenees, escalivada, and dessert, with Catalan cream.
- Party : in the district of El Born, Raval or Gracia.
- Relaxation : here, we relax by going to encourage Barça at Camp Nou!
London, the English melting pot
Multicultural megalopolis , London is rich of various influences related to successive waves of immigration. But London is also the heart of British culture with its black taxis, its red buses and its special sense of humor. By spending a weekend in the English capital, you can enjoy this charming mix of styles and the cultural wealth of the city: exhibitions, concerts, theater, parties of all kinds, programming is always abundant and varied. If you are leaving for the first time in London you will not be able to miss the famous Buckingham Palace, Westminster, Big Ben and the beautiful Tower Bridge.
London in 5 points:
- Shopping : Oxford Street, Portobello Market or Camdem Market.
- Culture : The British Museum, the National Gallery, the Tate Modern and the Natural History Museum of London.
- Gastronomy : enjoy a hearty English Breakfast, a fish and chips, not to mention the scones at tea time!
- Party : Soho, Shoreditch and Brixton.
- Relax : Enjoy a cup of Earl Gray tea at Afternoon Tea in a traditional teahouse such as “Bake-a-Boo”, “Camellia’s Tea House” or “Drink, Shop & Do”.
Paris the light city
Paris , our beautiful capital, is known as the most romantic city in the world. However, it is far from addressing only lovers looking for a few days getaway. Paris is also a destination of choice for families who will enjoy the many museums, parks and attractions of the city, groups of friends who want to party first , and even solo travelers looking for a little poetry … Whatever the reason for your visit, we bet you will love Paris and its iconic neighborhoods like Montmartre, Saint-Germain-des-Prés or the Canal Saint Martin.
Paris in 5 points:
- Shopping : rue de Rivoli, around Boulevard Haussmann and Galeries Lafayette.
- Culture : Louvre Museum, Orsay Museum and Orangerie Museum.
- Gastronomy : Paris has the most starred restaurants in France … enjoy!
- Feast : Saint-Germain-des-Prés, the Marais and around the Boulevard Montmartre.
- Relaxation :
Madrid, the royal city
Elegant and racy, the Spanish capital has a strong personality . Its vibrant cultural lifemakes it one of the most attractive European capitals: world-renowned art museums, daily jazz and flamenco concerts, exhibitions of all kinds … Not forgetting its place as the Spanish capital of fashion and high place of Iberian gastronomy. It is on, Madrid and its friendly inhabitants will know how to charm you the time of a weekend, and more if affinities …
Madrid in 5 points:
- Shopping : in the central area of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor and Puerta de Sol.
- Culture : The Prado Museum, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and the Reina Sofía National Art Museum
- Gastronomy : discover the delicious Madrid stew, soups and fish from the Cantabrian Sea, not to mention delicious pastries such as bartolillo or barquillo.
- Party : around Huertas Street, Chueca district or La Latina.
- Relaxation :
Porto, the capital of the North
Cosmopolitan , Porto is also rich in history and culture. The friendliness of its inhabitants, the beauty of its architecture and the delicacy of its cuisine will seduce you the time of an escapade a few hours flight from Paris. On site, do not forget to visit the magnificent Clérigos Tower, the Palace of the Stock Exchange, the Sao Francisco Church and the Porto Cathedral. You can also take the famous Dom-Luís Bridge to reach Vila Nova de Gaia , on the other side of the Douro, where you can taste Port wine and other delicious local culinary specialties .
Porto in 5 points:
- Shopping : in the street of Santa Catarina, in the Quartier des Arts or on Avenida da República, in Gaia.
- Culture : the museum Soares dos Reis, the museum Guerra Junqueiro, the Portuguese Center of Photography.
- Gastronomy : try the “Bola de Lamego” (bread stuffed with charcuterie), the “posta mirandesa” (grilled veal), the grilled fish or the famous (and a little heavy) “francesinha “.
- Party : in the district of Baixa, Ribeira or Matosinhos .
- Relaxation : It is impossible to leave Porto without having tasted Porto in one of Gaia’s cellars: Graham’s, Sandeman, Ferreira …
Prague, the City of One Hundred Spiers
Chic and almost magical, Prague has an incomparable architectural and artistic heritage . Old imperial city, it continues to impress by the size of its buildings, its atmosphere on the background of music Mozart and the mystery that emerges from its streets and the Jewish city. A weekend in Prague will allow you to discover the Church of Our Lady of Týn, the Old Town Square, the convent of St. Agnes the Blessed, the Jewish city and the Art Nouveau district. .
Prague in 5 points:
- Shopping : around Wenceslas Square, in Na Prikope Street, between the Old Town Square and the St Charles Bridge.
- Culture : the Prague National Museum, the Jewish Museum, the National Gallery and the Kampa Museum.
- Gastronomy : In Prague, you will not be able to miss the good restorative soups, goulash, meat roasts such as Svíčková na smetaně, and delicious apple strudel for dessert.
- Party : try the most famous nightclubs in Prague: the Akropolis and the Lavka.
- Relax : if you have the opportunity, do not miss a night at the Prague Opera House where you will listen to the great Czech Philharmonic Orchestras.
Amsterdam, the Venice of the North
Amsterdam , its canals, its red light district, its coffee shops, its bikes and its unparalleled sweetness of life … We like its museums known throughout the world, its beautiful period houses on the edges of the canals, its large parks that bloom in the spring, its brown cafés where to warm up in winter, and the benevolence of its inhabitants who live in harmony . If you do not know Amsterdam yet, do not wait a second more and discover the charming capital of the Netherlands.
Amsterdam in 5 points:
- Shopping : on the shopping streets of Kalverstraat, Nieuwendijk and PC Hooftstraat.
- Culture : Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank House and Stedelijk Museum.
- Gastronomy : discover salted herring, mussels and other seafood, hotpot, but also the many Dutch cheeses but also the succulent gingerbread and local pancakes.
- Party : in the districts of Leidseplein and Rembrandtplein.
- Relaxation : Impossible to visit Amsterdam without taking a walk on the canals of the city. Choose a cruise organized by one of Amsterdam’s largest companies: Holland International , Canal Company, Blue Boat, Rederij Kooy.
So, this fall, where are you going?