And if you want to know all about the neighborhoods to stay in Paris, with a bonus of my selection of the best hotels, read this article.
Where to stay in Paris: Our selection of the best accommodations
You have decided to visit Paris, and you wonder where to stay?
And yes, it’s not easy to find the ideal accommodation based on your budget, the area you live in and the accessibility on foot or by public transport.
To help you, we have prepared a selection of the best hotels in Paris, classified by districts. Whether you are looking for a hotel in the center, close to the Eiffel Tower, or rather in a more typical place like Montmartre, no doubt you will find your happiness. For each neighborhood, you are also given the highlights and sights nearby.
With our advice, book now your dream hotel in Paris for a successful stay!
At the end of our article, you will also find our list of cheap hotels in the French capital and our choice to know where to stay in Paris with the family.
So, in which neighborhood to stay in Paris to visit?
In the district Faubourg Saint-Germain (7th arrondissement)
The Faubourg Saint-Germain district, including the Eiffel Tower and the Champ-de-Mars is located in the seventh arrondissement of Paris, near the Invalides and the Quai d’Orsay. Sometimes nicknamed the District of the Ministries, it is one of the most chic and prestigious districts of the city.
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Paris for a weekend in the center, this is the place to go because you’ll be able to see lots of attractions in no time.
I recommend this area to stay in Paris:
- To stay near the Tower Eiffe the
- If you are looking for an amino place
- If you have a certain budget, accommodation issue, this is one of the most expensive neighborhoods of Paris
- Because it is an excellent starting point to visit the city on foot
The neighborhood is the ideal place to discover:
- The Eiffel Tower: emblem of Paris in the whole world
- The Champ-de-Mars and the Esplanade du Trocadéro
- The Musée d’Orsay: one of the largest museums in Europe
- The National Assembly at Palais Bourbon
- The Miraculous Chapel in the Hôtel de Châtillon
- The Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin Church
- The Grand Chancellery of the Legion of Honor
- The Rodin Museum
- The Four Seasons Fountain
Where to stay in Faubourg Saint-Germain, Paris?
- Hotel de l’Alma Paris : located in a quiet street of the 7th arrondissement of Paris, 5 minutes from the Eiffel Tower. The rooms are simply and warmly decorated, from 120 € per night, breakfast to 7 €. Most: rooms with terrace, airport shuttle, and exceptional staff. Our favorite for his report benefits / price.
- Hôtel Saint Germain: located in the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, 600 meters from the Musée d’Orsay and 2 km from the Eiffel Tower. The hotel offers modern rooms in a simple and elegant setting from 280 € per night. The most: the staff very attentive, the lounges offering a calm atmosphere to relax, breakfast.
- Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel: This 4-star hotel is located at the foot of the Eiffel Tower and Trocadero, just 3 km from the Louvre Museum and close to a metro station. The rooms are contemporary in style and bright, and some even have balconies with views of the Eiffel Tower! You can book them from 320 € per night. Goodies: breakfast with several choices of food (gluten-free, vegetarian, Asian), panoramic view of city rooms, fitness center. This is our recommendation for a romantic stay in Paris!
- Shangri-La Hotel Paris: This 5-star hotel is located opposite the Eiffel Tower and the Seine River. You will have the chance to stay in an old residence of Prince Bonaparte! Rooms at this luxury hotel have custom furnishings and are decorated with touches of Asian art. From 1000 € the night anyway. What’s more: the 3 restaurants of the Michelin-starred hotel, the unique view of the Eiffel Tower from the rooms, the magnificent indoor pool. Certainly one of the most prestigious hotels in Paris where to stay for a dream night!
In the Marais district (4th arrondissement)
Do you like cultural sightseeing and museums ? This neighborhood is for you!
This is the historic district of the city. Very popular for the heritage treasures it houses, it is located in the fourth arrondissement. This district forms a triangle delimited by the squares of the Bastille, the Republic and the Town Hall.
This area is ideal to stay in Paris:
- If you like lively neighborhoods
- If you are passionate about art and painting
- To go shopping in the BHV Marais shopping center
- If you come to have fun in the biggest gay area of France
The Marais district is ideal to discover:
- The Picasso Museum dedicated to the work of this immense artist
- The Pompidou Center, a center of modern and contemporary art
- City Hall
- The Place des Vosges
- The house of Victor Hugo where he wrote a good part of Les Miserables
- The Carnavalet Museum dedicated to the history of Paris
- The house of Nicolas Flamel, who would have managed to break the secret of the philosopher’s stone
- The house of Ourscamp
- The Red Children’s Market
- The National Conservatory of Arts and Crafts
Here is our selection of the best hotels in the Marais district
- Hotel Le Compostelle: The hotel welcomes you in the center of Paris, in the heart of the Marais district just 550 meters from the city hall, and 10 minutes from the Place de la Bastille. Welcoming and friendly rooms await you, from 100 € per night. The most: the boutique-hotel spirit, the view of the city. It will seduce you for its privileged central location!
- Beautiful – Paris 4th – Center of The Marais – Verririe: You prefer to stay in an apartment rather than a hotel in Paris and have more independence? This accommodation is all found! The property is 200 meters from Pompidou Center and 600 meters from Notre Dame Cathedral. It includes a living room and a kitchen equipped with oven and dishwasher for a price of 140 € per night. Most: a terrace overlooking the garden, double glazing, ideal to protect the excitement of Paris. A good plan to stay in Paris for a weekend!
- Lutece Hotel – Notre-Dame: This magnificent 17th century building is located just 10 minutes from the Pantheon and 400 meters from Notre Dame Cathedral. Come discover its air-conditioned and well decorated rooms from 210 € per night. Most: breakfast, friendly staff.
- The Queen’s Pavilion & Spa: luxurious five-star hotel located on the Place des Vosges, 400 meters from the Place de la Bastille and just next to the Maison Victor Hugo. Elegant, quiet and comfortable rooms will be available from 360 € per night. Pros: Free access to the gym and spa with jacuzzi and steam room, concierge and valet services, free private parking on site. This is the best hotel for a luxury stay in the Marais, Paris!
In the district of Montmartre (18th arrondissement)
This district is one of the main Parisian tourist places. It’s a real village in the capital! It concentrates many painters and portrait painters, having taken up residence at the shelter of the Sacred Heart, to the delight of tourists.
You will like this neighborhood:
- If you are looking for a lively place
- To be close to everything
Do not miss in the Montmartre district:
- The Sacré-Coeur: located at the top of the Montmartre hill, it is one of the essential of a trip to Paris
- The Church of St-Pierre-de-Montmartre, just next to the Basilica
- Montmartre Museum to discover the history of the district
- Halle Saint-Pierre
- Montmartre cemetery where you will find the tomb of Dalida, Michel Berger or Emile Zola
- Place des Abbesses, a lively square with flea markets and street shows
- Place du Tertre where the famous painters and portrait painters of Montmartre gather
The best hotels to stay in the Montmartre area
- Montclair Montmartre by Hiphophostels: This hostel is just 150 meters from Jules Joffrin Metro Station and 700 meters from Montmartre. It offers rooms with private bathroom, or beds in mixed dormitory rooms with access to shared bathrooms from € 20 a night. Most: evening entertainment, library, games room. This is the right cheap accommodation in Montmartre.
- Kyriad Paris 18 – Porte de Clignancourt – Montmartre: by choosing this hotel, you will be just 1 km from the Montmartre Museum and the Sacré Coeur. Porte de Clignancourt Metro Station, opposite the hotel, provides direct access to Ile de la Cite and Notre Dame Cathedral. The rooms are simple and offer for some a view on the garden, from 80 €. Most: near the metro, the comfort of the beds. Our favorite for his report benefits / prices!
- Lovely Flat In Montmartre: Located 600 meters from Sacré-Coeur, 2.6 km from Opéra Garnier and a 15-minute walk from La Cigale. Come discover this cozy apartment, modern and design, composed of a living room, a fully equipped kitchen and a separate bedroom for 160 € per night. Most: proximity to many shops and airport shuttles. There is only one, I recommend you book it in advance!
- Maison Souquet: Located near the Metro and 10 minutes walk from the Sacré Coeur. This luxury hotel offers rooms with a very original decoration, in Belle Epoque style with unique works of art and period furniture, from 320 € per night including access to the swimming pool and the Spa. Most: Hermès products available, incredible and unusual setting, the staff cares. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in an unusual accommodation in Paris!
In the Champs Elysées district (8th arrondissement)
Welcome to the district of the “most beautiful avenue in the world”, one of the symbols of the city of Paris. Come and walk on the legendary boulevard linking the Arc de Triomphe to the Concorde. And discover the streets of this district steeped in history and very luxurious Paris.
I recommend the Champs Elysees to stay in Paris:
- If you are looking for a chic and trendy neighborhood
- To go shopping with luxury signs
- For art lovers who will be delighted to visit the galleries and museums around
To see and do in the Champs Elysees area:
- Avenue des Champs-Elysées: 2 km where luxury brands such as Vuitton, Guerlain and even a Ferrari showroom succeed each other
- The Arc de Triomphe, national symbol and offering a unique point of view from its panoramic terrace
- The Petit Palais Museum : The Museum of Fine Arts of Paris
- The Grand Palais, easily recognizable by its huge glass cupola surmounted by the French flag
- The Palais de la Découverte: a museum dedicated to science
The best accommodations in the Champs Elysees area, in Paris
- Elysées Ceramic: Located just 5 minutes walk from the Champs Elysees. Bright double room overlooking the terrace or the Arc de Triomphe from 130 € per night, breakfast 15 €. The most: excellent hospitality, good bedding, the perfect location. The best hotel to stay in Paris on the Champs Elysees for a reasonable price!
- Hôtel Mathis Elysées: discover this property just 220 meters from the famous Avenue des Champs-Elysées, 550 meters from the Grand Palais and a 15-minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe. The hotel welcomes you in baroque style rooms from 230 €. The most: the cozy atmosphere, tranquility, pleasant staff.
- Holiday Inn Paris Elysees: Located in the Golden Triangle just 600 meters from the Champs-Elysees and 800 from the Grand Palais, this hotel is one of the most popular hotels in Paris! It offers rooms with a contemporary decor and a small service that makes the difference: a snack from 11h to 15h! From 450 €. Most: room service, location, afternoon tea, comfortable bedding. One of our favorite hotels for a romantic stay in Paris.
- Le Bristol Paris – an Oetker Collection Hotel: Located 300 meters from the Palais de l’Elysée and 1 km from the Opera Garnier, this 5-star hotel offers spacious rooms elegantly decorated with Louis XV or Louis XVI furniture. 850 € per night. What’s more: a rooftop pool with views of the Eiffel Tower, a French-style indoor garden, a spa, a fitness center, two Michelin-starred gourmet restaurants. This is the perfect luxury hotel where to stay for a romantic weekend in Paris.
In the Latin Quarter (5th arrondissement)
A must visit place, it is located on the left bank of the capital. This district is full of a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, especially with its many cafes and restaurants.
I recommend this area to stay in Paris:
- If you like neighborhoods full of history
- To dive into a place full of surprises
To visit in the Latin Quarter:
- The Pantheon where notably Victor Hugo, Marie Curie and Alexandre Dumas
- The Garden and the Musée du Luxembourg dedicated to contemporary art
- The Arènes de Lutèce: a Gallo-Roman amphitheater classified as a historical monument
- The National Museum of the Middle Ages
- The Sorbonne University: the most famous French university
- The Latin Paradise: a famous cabaret of Parisian music hall
- The Caveau de la Huchette: a small jazz club that became very famous thanks to the film La La Land which was shot there!
What are the best hotels in the Latin Quarter?
- Young and Happy Latin Quarter by Hiphophostels: Located 550 meters from the Pantheon, 8 minutes on foot from the Natural History Museum and 16 minutes from Notre Dame Cathedral, this hostel offers mixed dormitory or double rooms. , from 30 € per night. Most: the very good geographical location, the proposals of various activities (walks, movie nights). A very good accommodation plan where to stay cheap in Paris!
- Best Western Plus Quartier Latin Pantheon: The hotel is just 1 km from Notre Dame Cathedral and 2 km from the Louvre Museum. The rooms are modern and comfortable, from 130 €. Most: nine and well placed, the hammam.
- Hotel Montecristo: This hotel is 1.9 km from Notre Dame Cathedral and 3 km from the Louvre Museum. Mix of art deco and art nouveau, the rooms have a lot of character, from 200 € per night, the breakfast being 16 €. Most: the indoor pool, the decor, the quality of the facilities. One of the best choices to stay in the Latin Quarter to benefit from high-end services!
In the district Saint-Germain-des-Prés (6 th arrondissement)
In this neighborhood, you will be immersed in an intellectual atmosphere and luxury while enjoying the calm. Here designers, art galleries, antique dealers and publishing houses coexist.
You will appreciate the Saint-Germain-des-Prés district to lodge you:
- If you like quiet neighborhoods
- To immerse yourself in luxury
- Because it is the ideal place for an intellectual stay
I recommend you to see:
- The Odeon Theater
- St. Germain Abbey
- The Eugène Delacroix museum to discover the paintings of the painter
- The Bon Marché: a Parisian shopping institution
- Caesar’s Centaur on the Crossroads of the Red Cross
- The Fountain of the Four Parts of the World
Here is our selection of the best accommodations in Saint-Germain-des-Prés
- Hotel Michelet Odeon: Located 1 km from the Notre-Dame Cathedral and 1.4 km from the Louvre Museum, the hotel welcomes you in trendy rooms decorated with exposed brick walls, from 120 €. Most: good breakfast, calm, kindness of the staff. An excellent price / performance ratio for this hotel ideally located in Paris!
- Hotel Belloy Saint Germain: located 300 meters from the Luxembourg Gardens and around the Notre-Dame Cathedral. The hotel offers modern and elegant rooms from 240 €. The most: the bedding, the glass of champagne offered every day, the room pleasant.
- Pont Royal Hotel : Luxury hotel located in the heart of the district, close to art galleries. Warm and cozy room with some views over the rooftops of Paris, the Eiffel Tower or the Sacré Coeur, from 290 €, breakfast 25 €. The most: the view, the quality of hospitality products, the friendliness of the staff. The best 5 star hotel to stay in Saint Germain!
In the Louvre district (1st arrondissement)
It is one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city, and one of the most touristy. You will enjoy walking around on a sunny day. You can then enjoy the magnificent Jardin des Tuileries or stroll under the arcades of the rue de Rivoli.
I recommend you to stay in the Louvre district:
- If you like the old-fashioned atmosphere
- To immerse yourself in the world of art
You will discover in this district:
- The Louvre Museum: the largest museum of art and antiquities in the world. To do absolutely during your trip to Paris.
- The fountain of Molière
- The French Comedy
- The Royal Palace where you can walk through the galleries and gardens
- The Tuileries Garden: magnificent garden of more than 25 hectares, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Place de la Concorde: the largest square in Paris, at the foot of the Champs Elysees
Where to stay in the Louvre district, in Paris?
- Hotel Le Relais des Halles: located 10 minutes walk from the Louvre Museum. The establishment will welcome you for a minimum of two nights, in a room or suite each with their own decoration, for a price of 150 € per night. Most: the great breakfast, comfort.
- Best Western Premier Louvre Saint-Honore: Treat yourself to a pleasant stay in Paris at this property located just 500 meters from the Louvre Museum. The hotel offers bright rooms with a Nespresso machine, from € 250 a night. The most: the friendliness of staff, tranquility.
- L’Empire Paris: The property is located next to the shops of Rue de Rivoli and 300 meters from the Louvre Museum. The rooms are contemporary and graphic and sometimes have a terrace and a hot tub, from 300 € per night. More: the wellness center, a smartphone made available, the quality of the welcome.
- Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal: Located just 200 meters from the Louvre Museum and the Tuilerie Gardens. This 5-star hotel offers warm and cozy design rooms, some with views of the Sacré Coeur museum or basilica, from € 450 a night, breakfast included. Most: the quality of breakfast, calm, comfort. This is our recommendation for a luxury stay in the Louvre district of Paris!
The Ritz: If you want to stay in an exceptional place in the heart of Paris, I recommend you to spend a night in one of the most famous and renowned 5-star hotels in Paris: the Ritz! Located on Place Vendôme, 500 meters from Tuileries Garden. You will enjoy sumptuous rooms, refined and comfortable to wish. From 1,000 €. An embodiment of French luxury, the Ritz also boasts a superb indoor swimming pool, a garden and a wellness center. It is the most beautiful palace where to stay in Paris.
In the Opera district – Grands Boulevards – Bourse (2nd and 9th arrondissement)
Between the Greek columns of the Art Nouveau Palace and the Haussmann buildings, lovers of beautiful buildings will be served. And fashion fans will also be delighted by the multitude of department stores.
The area is also ideal to enjoy many entertainment whether at the Opera House, the Folies Bergères, the Grand Rex or trendy clubs.
This area is ideal for accommodation in Paris:
- To have fun in the fine restaurants
- If you are an architecture enthusiast
- If you like to see shows and go out at night
Main points of interest in Opéra – Grands Boulevards:
- The Grévin Museum and its wax statues
- Rue Montorgueil, a pedestrian street with many shops and restaurants
- The Garnier Opera House, listed as a historical monument
- Galeries Lafayette, temple of Parisian shopping
To stay in the Opéra / Grands Boulevards district
- Vintage Paris Gare du Nord by Hiphophostel: This hostel is located in the 9th arrondissement 500 meters from the North Guard and 10 minutes from the Grevin Museum. You can choose between rooms with private bathroom and dormitories with shared bathroom, from € 25 a night. Most: the common kitchen equipped, the living room with a TV and two computers, evening entertainment. Really a good plan where to stay in Paris cheap!
- Hotel Peyris Opera: located two minutes walk from the music hall of the Folies Bergeres. Rooms are colorful and modern, from 130 € per night. The most: the charming staff, cleanliness, near metro and train station.
- Golden Tulip Opera de Noailles: This contemporary hotel is a five-minute walk from Galeries Lafayette and Printemps, and ten minutes from Place Vendome and its luxury boutiques. Rooms are warm and modern, some have balconies or terraces. They are available from 225 € per night. Plus: room service, fitness center, good breakfast, outdoor garden. An excellent choice where to stay in the center of Paris!
- InterContinental Paris Le Grand: 5-star hotel located just 30 meters from the Opéra Garnier. This luxury establishment offers magnificent rooms with views of the Opera from € 500 a night. The most: the ideal location, the sumptuous surroundings, the professionalism of the staff, the extraordinary breakfast. Do you want to stay in one of the most luxurious establishments in Paris? Do not hesitate and choose the Intercontinental.
Where to stay in Paris cheap
If you have a smaller budget, here is a selection of some accommodation to stay in Paris:
- Generator Paris: a very modern and brand new hostel, located in the 10th district, 700 meters from Buttes Chaumont. It offers double contemporary rooms or a bed in a mixed dormitory room from € 30 a night. The place is super nice with a roof terrace overlooking the Sacré Coeur. A very good choice where to stay in Paris for cheap.
- Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Montmartre: located north of Paris, 4 km from the Stade de France. Recently renovated, the hotel offers contemporary style double rooms from 50 € per night and breakfast at 6.60 €.
- Hotel transcontinental: located 900 meters from Montparnasse station and 20 minutes walk from the Luxembourg Gardens in the 14th arrondissement. This hotel has rooms that are a little dated but very clean and really quiet for those overlooking the courtyard, from 65 euros a night. A good place to stay in Paris cheap.
- Hotel les Jardins de Montmartre: just 10 minutes walk from the Sacré-Coeur. Double room with vegetal decoration with super comfortable beds for only 70 € per night! An excellent solution for lodging not far from the center of Paris cheap.
- Hotel du Quai de Seine: ideally located near the Bassin de La Villette, the hotel offers nice functional and comfortable rooms for a price of 70 € per night, breakfast at 8.50 €.
Staying in Paris with your family
- Résidence Courcelle : located in Levallois-Perret in a quiet location, 3.8 km from the Eiffel Tower. The residence offers independent and modern accommodation, bright and very clean from 78 € per night. Some even have a terrace. The most: the small attentions towards the customers, the proximity with the Parisian subway facilitating the displacements. I highly recommend this property for a family stay in Paris.
- Aparthotel Adagio Paris Buttes Chaumont: located just opposite the Buttes Chaumont and close to the metro. 2 bedroom apartment with 1 double bed and 2 single beds and kitchen equipped with dishwasherfrom 150 € per night. The best place to stay with your family in Paris.
- Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris: located in the Saint Germains district, 10 minutes from the Notre-Dame cathedral. Fully equipped apartment, spacious and bright from 250 € per night. Another excellent choice where to stay in Paris with your family.
- Hôtel Elysées Mermoz: located 200 meters from the Champs-Élysées, the hotel welcomes you in spacious and communicating rooms from € 450 a night. The property offers many services if you come with your children and provides a room with home theater and video games. They also provide plenty of board games, books and dvd’s!
The apartment hotel chain “Les Citadines” has several hotels in various districts of Paris. If the one of Saint-Germain des Prés does not have any available apartments for your dates of stay, do not hesitate to consult the availabilities of the others (the rates and services are equivalent, it is only the location that changes ):
- Citadines Montmartre Paris
- Citadines Place d’Italie Paris
- Citadines Bastille Gare de Lyon Paris
- Citadines Bastille Marais Paris
- Citadines Opera Paris
- Citadines Austerlitz Paris
- Citadines Les Halles Paris
- Citadines Trocadéro Paris
What is the best hotel in Paris?
If you are looking for accommodation in the best hotel in Paris, I can only recommend Le Ritz. Emblem of French luxury, known worldwide, it is the most beautiful 5 star palace in Paris!
And if you want something a bit more affordable but still excellent, I suggest booking a night or more at the hotel Pullman Paris. Its location and the view from the rooms on the Eiffel Tower is just unique!
Where to stay in Paris: The summary of the best hotels
So that you have a better idea of where to stay in Paris, whether in the city center or elsewhere, I made you a table that summarizes all those I’m talking about in this article. You can sort them by price or by neighborhood!